News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sandman.com and Phoneman.com vs. Discount low voltage

Started by Babybearjs, August 06, 2019, 07:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

thought I'd share my experience with you all involving www.sandman.com and www.phoneman.com (same company, 2 sites). I was looking for a small equipment outdoor box and found the same item with 2 different prices between vendors, a difference of about $4.00. I went ahead and bought Item # pap2p, a 12 X12 X 4 small equipment box... and paid about $40.00 for the item, only to discover I could have saved a whole $4.00 had I bought it though discount low voltage.com. so If you do any online shopping, and have used sandman.com, do you research. I found them to be pretty expensive on wire. I paid $0.69/Ft for 25 pair Cat3 cable through discountlowvoltage.com and sandman.com wants $1.29/ft... I was surprised at the difference! sandman.com does have some nice deals, but always compare pricing! especially shipping! Had I gone through discount low voltage, I would have saved $4.00 in shipping!  lesson learned!
John

Key2871

Yea, once upon a time sandman was about the only place I knew of to get something's. But as time went on the internet broadened its horizons on telephone gear.
Sandman is very expensive for something's, others not too bad. But they do have things you really can't find anywhere else..
I have cat 3 25 pair cable available any length for a buck a foot, plus shipping if you want any. I can put male or female ends if you want for an extra five bucks per.
So you can get it from sandman, or from me.
KEN

Babybearjs

already got all the wire I need. ordered the last piece from discount low voltage. ($0.69/ft.) am going to be finishing up my project this next week.... all 10 extensions wired up and working! but I did want to share the fact that its worth comparing prices when buying on line. telephone parts really vary in price by vendor.
John

RB

Thanks for sharing that, John, and Ken.
I did not know about either of those sights :o