News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vonage VOIP service

Started by Babybearjs, January 30, 2024, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, here we are again.... I called Vonage to get the administrators passwaord to my ATA HT802, and they "Could Not provide me with the nessecary onformation...." so, who do I call, or how do I crack into my ATA.... doing a factory reset does not work.... maybe I need to get a unit thats unlocked? this is crazy! wanting to use rotary dial phones on the system.... can't because the feature is locked out....
John

MMikeJBenN27

Shame that Ma Bell is gradually leaving the Home Phone market.  Those VOIP telephone cos do not provide service anywhere near as good as Ma Bell used to provide, and still provides to me.  I don't know how long it will last for me though. 

Mike

G-Man

From time to time I would purchase Grandstream HT5xx-series, HT814, or GXW4104 and other similar models of their ATAs off of eBay at very reasonable prices.
I would use them for serving customers at temporary events such as fairs and rodeos to name a few. Because of their low cost I wasn't too concerned if either I forgot to pack them back up after the event or otherwise went missing.
However, occasionally I would find that a unit I purchased would not accept the programming for certain functions such as when I needed to use them for ringdown and hotline dialing or linking them using wireless IP radios.
I have always been successful in working with Grandstream's technical service department in resolving these problems. Generally it would turn out to be an older unit with an early firmware version. Grandstream was great in sending me the latest update or in some cases, instruct me on how to re-flash them which allowed me to access the latest features that their current models were capable of.

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 30, 2024, 06:22:26 PMget the administrators password to my ATA HT802, ../..wanting to use rotary dial phones on the system..

How are you locked out?
Are you connecting to the unit thru the web interface?
What firmware version do you have?
As G-man said often the issue is needing a firmware upgrade, I believe Version 1.0.13.7 or greater is needed for rotary dial.

Babybearjs

the term "Locked Out" is referring to the inability to access thye Administrators portion of the firmware. Vonage won't let me have the password to access the firmware.
John

I am assuming you tried the default admin password 'admin' ?