News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 1D Single Slot Pay Phone

Started by Fabius, December 18, 2018, 01:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

I bought a WECO 1D pay phone with rotary dial on eBay. I am wondering if the model 1D was also seen stamped on rotary phones? The phone is dated through out 1979 with the same consistent color and font. 
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Payphone installer

Tom I don't think the Upper was ever stamped with the model like 1D I think only the lower housing. All dials A,B, and C we're compatible with the coin first and dial tone first sets. So stamping the upper was probably not necessary. Hence 70A for rotary upper.

Key2871

I have had uppers inked 1D, and what he has before myself.
Not common, but I have seen some.
Nice set Tom that should clean up well
KEN

compubit

Glad to see a fellow member ended up with it. I debated, but in the end said 3 are enough, especially since none are fully put together...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

robert_m

What you pay for that thats a reare one, and i've also seen uppers maked in some  bell regions maked on upper, but is rare.

Fabius

Quote from: compubit on December 18, 2018, 11:01:01 PM
Glad to see a fellow member ended up with it. I debated, but in the end said 3 are enough, especially since none are fully put together...

Jim

I have to disagree. 8-) More is never enough.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

compubit

Quote from: Fabius on December 19, 2018, 08:05:04 AM
I have to disagree. 8-) More is never enough.

I know, but I have too many phones to "refurb", including 3 single slot rotaries... (My basement is officially full.) It's time to cull the collection a little (or a lot) after the first of the year...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!