News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Blue 10 Button 1500D

Started by Doug Rose, October 05, 2020, 10:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

Doug, depending on the room (space) you could start building isles to display both sides.
I know what it's like to have limited space, my previous house I had a small den off the hallway and had book cases lining two walls and a giant back board on another displaying my payphone collection.
I was collecting so much I had to start putting some away, and bringing others back out to display.

I had no space for isles because the room was small.
Just an idea..
KEN

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Key2871 on October 07, 2020, 10:37:27 AM

I was collecting so much I had to start putting some away, and bringing others back out to display.

This is the way I have done it for years.
My wife doesn't get upset with a few overflow phones around the house, she does get upset when I stash overflow  boxes of phones in unapproved areas.

Some years I buy at a show, pack it for travel that night, unpack it when I get home " to show my finds' , and
immediately repack it for storage. Eventually (months or years)  I go thru the boxes.
I get amazed  with some of the phones I bought  and forgot about. 

Typically, I change around my display every 1 or 2 times a year.
With many of my phones, I am willing to sell/trade them after I have had them out for 6-12 months.
If I still really enjoy a phone, it becomes part of the permanent collection.
this is how I cope with more phones than space.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Key2871

Yes exactly,  I got tired of packing and storing some phones and decided to sell those that I lost interest in just so I'd have a little more room for some new finds.

I was married before and my then wife had no problem with my collecting as long as it didnt fill other areas.
My wife now doesnt like phones except to talk on one, the rest is considered trash.

So I keep them in My shed and retreat to there to reminis about what I once had but dont anymore.
The kids enjoy them when I let them in, otherwise off limits because they get rough with them.
KEN

Doug Rose

Quote from: Key2871 on October 07, 2020, 10:37:27 AM
Doug, depending on the room (space) you could start building isles to display both sides.
I know what it's like to have limited space, my previous house I had a small den off the hallway and had book cases lining two walls and a giant back board on another displaying my payphone collection.

I had no space for isles because the room was small.
Just an idea..
Sitting in my chair in the Phone room, this is what I see left to right. There is no place for isles.

Plus....This would not get management Approval ... ::)...Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Well I must say you have a lot in the space you have available. I too had the same problem and no room for isles. Well good luck trying to rotate your collection so you xan still enjoy your phone's.
KEN

Doug Rose

Quote from: Key2871 on October 08, 2020, 11:27:26 AM
Well I must say you have a lot in the space you have available. I too had the same problem and no room for isles. Well good luck trying to rotate your collection so you xan still enjoy your phone's.
My Collection does not sit in boxes, it is displayed in my room or the few that are throughout the house. Even the phones I have for sale are displayed in the Dungeon. NO boxes.

If it is not in the Phone Room, it is for sale. Not in boxes....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Oh I see they don't sit in boxes.
I just thought you might have them around else where..
I stand corrected.
KEN