"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

McMurdoSilver - Master of "Telephones as an Art"

Started by Dan/Panther, June 25, 2009, 03:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

WOW :o

That is just incredible. He does such magnificent work. The shine on that phone & handset is so deep it looks like it is in liquid form!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

He used to always have items on ebaY but not as consistent anymore. I think Doug posted a "Frank is BacK" topic a year or more ago.

Went looking for it and here it is.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5633.0 (this link is dead)

If you search McMurdo from the home page there are lots of hits.

How about a "McMurdo Silver" topic? I can merge the various topics where his name and some of his phones are shown into one tribute to Frank.

Good idea?
Bad Idea?

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry...real good idea....Frank is a Master and he creates real Art...Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

DavePEI

McMurdo's Alchemy - Wizard of Restoration!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE_Collector on October 06, 2013, 08:03:10 PM
Got any suggestions for the Title Doug?

Terry
All three suggestions are winners...Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

It looks wonderful, but I see one flaw on it.

Although it looks very nice, the handsets never had white letters on the ring that holds the microphone in place.
Jorge

david@london

that's interesting to know. i had thought of painting in the white letters on the 2 kellogg handsets i have, but if this was not the way a new phone would've looked i might not.

the phone shown above is really superb........ it reached a superb price too.......

here's another recent sale for a 925 that ended on 7th sept '13 at (only) $365 .........has repaired hairline crack as shown.

http://tinyurl.com/pmufro9

edit: the seller was classic_phones

AE_Collector

Okay, Frank is the Master of Telephone Restoration and all I can Master is Merging Topics here on the CRPF. I used various words from the suggestions that I had for a title and all I came up with was this.

If anyone finds any "Frank" or "McMurdo" Topics that I missed, let me know.

Terry

Doug Rose

Kidphone

HarrySmith

This is one of our favorite telephone sellers on eBay. This guy get his phones so shiny they could cause blindness, nobody even comes close to his level of restoration. I was always curious about his seller name. I recently came across it in an auction. McMurdo Silver was a manufacturer of radios in the 1930's and later got into test equipment! Apparently the founder of the company had the same ideas of perfection, what I read talked about the beauty of his radios & receivers.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ReneRondeau

Looks like he hasn't listed anything on eBay in over a year.

HarrySmith

Has Frank ever done a phone in another color? I browsed through this topic & his web album, every phone was Black.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"