News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE880 help!!!

Started by Volvoguy, September 08, 2014, 11:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volvoguy

Now I"m getting around 50v. If I flip the big speakerphone switch, it goes back down to 8 or so.

Volvoguy

I feel like I"m posting a lot on this thread.....

I just checked, and it rings. So I'm assuming this means that the speaker amp is ok?

Phonesrfun

Then line voltage should not be a problem
-Bill G

Volvoguy

Yes I have it and have been studying it. Trying to figure out where to even start. I got the white wire that was disconnected onto the right terminal, but can't figure out where to go from there.

So far I have figured out that....
-the phone works fine without speakerphone
-the amplifier board should be working right, as it rings properly.
-the speakerphone switch works, it will answer a call from my cell with just the switch.

The switch will not flash as it should when it is off hook, and I don't get any sound from the speaker, no voice or dialtone

AE_Collector

Not certain just how the ring (electronic warble from speaker) is inserted. The ringer volume control is under the speaker on 880's. i wonder if it could be inserted other than through the main audio amp?

The big switch should answer a call or pull dial tone direct to the speaker as you mentioned. The flashing in the switchto indicate "off hook" is a neon bulb if i recall correctly though it too would need some circuitry to get it to light via 48vdc.

Shaw is NOT plain old tel service (POTS). They like other cable companies are similar to VOIP though not quite the same as it isnt delivered over the internet, just as a data signal over their coax cable network.

Telus woud be your POTS provider here.

Terry

stub

John,
        I would still check for a misplaced wire.
        I've had two with the same problem and one was dirty contacts on the hookswitch and the big flip switch , the second one was a cold solder joint in the speaker box. They both work now on speaker but one doesn't flash .  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield