News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

QSQM 500 Won't break dialtone

Started by tallguy58, September 13, 2014, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallguy58

I have a QSQM 500 from 1981 that works except it won't break dialtone when dialing.

Ringer works, Can answer calls just fine.

Has a bizarre QNB425E1A network. Looks just like this one:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1201.msg15239#msg15239

Dial is from 1969  P894297  ????  Really quiet dial.

Checked all the connections and they seem to be where they should be according to multiple 425 wiring diagrams.

I don't have any wiring diagrams for the hookswitch pileup, so I don't know if they're connected properly.

Anyone have a reference ???

Thanks
Cheers........Bill

poplar1

What happens if you remove one of the dial pulsing leads from F or RR?

It's probably wired the same as a WE 500DM in Fig. 2 of Section 502-521-402 in TCI library:

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/2850-502-521-402-i5-service-500c-d-500dm-telephone-sets-tl
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

tallguy58

Swapped out a similar 1969 dial and I have the same issues. I put the suspect dial onto another phone and it works fine, so there's something messed up with the network connections.

Anything immediately pop into your head that would cause no break in the dialtone?
Cheers........Bill

poplar1

If the hookswitch wire is on RR instead of F, it won't dial out; that's how manual phones are wired. That's why I asked whether the dial tone goes away if the dial is disconnected.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

tallguy58

If I remove the blue lead from RR, the dialtone is still there. Won't break dialtone if I dial with the lead removed.

Same thing if I remove the green lead from F.

Phone has a C8 ringer, if that makes a diff.

Where does the slate hookswitch lead go?  I followed the diagram and it shows L2. It was on L3 which appears to be a dead end connection. Still no change.
Cheers........Bill