News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bottom 40 Phones on eBay

Started by Sargeguy, June 01, 2009, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

I'm glad it wasn't any better-- that was some chunk of change! :o  I picked it up at the post office today.  Aside from the missing cover under the handle, the missing B2A ringer (the base & switch make this a 304), the missing cord anchor & screw to attach it to the body, the missing line cord, ruined handset cord, wrong dial (5H instead of 5J) and two corner cracks that someone did a really bad job of a repair on, this is the best $750.00 I ever spent! ;D
Stephen

JorgeAmely

Sir Jester:
Please post some under the hood pictures!
Jorge

Dan

Congrats  on buying a phone I can only dream about. I have to complete my WE500 collection before I attempt these colored 302's, although the ivorys are somewhat decently priced.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jester

Dan,
I started up on the phone buying again with the idea of getting one each of the colored 302's and sidetracked into picking up the 500's I didn't have examples of.  It's a good thing my rich uncle just got out of the poorhouse. ::)  As far as reasonably priced goes, this was the last color I needed in the thermoplastic 302's and I spent as much on it as I did the other four!  Pics are coming, Jorge! ;)
Stephen

Dennis Markham

When you are finished fixing it up you will have a very nice phone at a reasonable price.....for that color and model.

McHeath

Yes I think that was a good price for a blue 302.  It only needs a few things to really make it complete and sweet.

I've been trying to justify starting to spend larger sums on some rare phones, rose beige 500s from the mid 50's for example, and may reach that point.  It is a lot cheaper than the alternatives, WW2 airplanes, real estate, classic cars, meth, large sailing boats and summer homes in the Hamptons, which will be my justification. 

Jester

I still believe money spent on a phone offers a better return on my investment than the gobs of dough I've salted away in my retirement plan, McHeath.  The reason I still have a retirement plan-- the wife doesn't see it my way. ::)
Stephen

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan on June 04, 2009, 08:29:48 PM
Dennis, I am sure you saw this one a few days ago. Amazing what an uncracked one could go for....

http://tinyurl.com/og9gay                    Blue 302

When you think about it, this sentence in the description is really dumb: Fresh from a local estate.  BFD.  As compared to what, a phone that's gone stale? 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

McHeath

Funny point about terminology.

Ellen

Fresh from a local estate. 

Nothing at an estate sale is fresh!! 

Dan

I saw some fresh cow dung @ a farm estate sale once...... ::)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright