News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brown Bakelite MIX & GENEST German Desk TELEPHONE

Started by Doug Rose, December 15, 2012, 02:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I won this on eBay and did a little work on it today. I couldn't find the dial blank I wanted so for now it has a WE D2 dial blank. It did have a few areas to work on, but it does display well. Deep rick choclate brown. The handle and the crank are a deeper dark chocolate brown. This cleaned up superb with brasso, fine steel wooland some skin so soft after. There is a chip in the back which I can live with. I am on the look out for a mouthpiece cap as a big chip out of it. Fortunately it will secure to the handle. The decal was too far gone to save which was a shame, but looked horrible once the phone was cleaned up.....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26113306644
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I got this almost 10 years ago. It did not have a dial blank so I used a WE blank. Does anyone have a dial blank that would go on this?

Brown Bakelite with a black handset with matching brown caps and a black crank.

It is a BIG phone..Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: dsk on October 26, 2022, 06:44:03 AMAnother one on F.B.

Anyone interested in that phone will discover it is not possible to see that or any FB link without having a FB account.

FABphones

Dag, would you add more photos from the FBook listing?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

dsk

So far it is only that picture, but they are talking about how rare it is, Not much information about M&G phones between 1930-1945. So I guess the phone is from that period.

tubaman

So it's a model that can be a desk or wall phone by turning the cradle assembly?
I must say it looks a bit clumsy as a wall phone, but without a dial that doesn't matter so much I suppose.