News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Different WE ? Dial Plate

Started by Doug Rose, October 01, 2014, 05:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was very tempted but I could not figure if the dial plate was dirty or cracked.  Kind of different. Notice the D marking on it?....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/q7kn6x8
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

That is a very interesting piece.  Obviously those are radio station call numbers.  Maybe a direct line to each or did it actually tune a radio to that particular station?  Cool "phone".

rdelius

Remote control to select stations,possibly from a radio network master control. Note  NYC stations.Finger stop looks like #4

Kenton K

I saw that too. Looks like the one spot says "off".

Dan/Panther

Doug;
If you look closely at the other photos, you can see what appears to be brush bristles. I think that is what appears as a crack in the plate.
I wonder if it was a homemade remote radio dialer ? Philco had a unit similar back in the late 30's called the Mystery Dial. However that one used radio waves to transmit the different channels to the radio.
I have one of them packed away someplace. Here is a photo off Google of one of them. Remember, this was PRE-WAR WIRELESS REMOTE....Ironically with 10 select positions. Interesting I wonder if......Naw.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

thans Dan...I felt it was a crack too, so I passed. Did you notice the D-95227 on the bottom of it? Dig yours out, it might be something....Doug
Kidphone