"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT 830 9-line multikey

Started by gpo706, October 15, 2009, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

GPO706:

Here is a photo of mine.  A 20-button version of the one you have.

-Bill G

gpo706

Oh its you Mr. Bill!

Getting on first name terms, excellent, I'm Scot.

Off on  works night out tommorow but will look back Sun morning my time, thanks for your time.

I'm sure it's quite simple but so am I when it comes to circuit diagrams.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Phonesrfun

Scot:  (Great Scot, a Scotsman named Scot)

Tis may be quicker over the phone.  I have free LD to the UK.  Do you want to try this via telephone?
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

I can get it to work with one side of the line to terminal #6 on the multi-screw terminal board and one side of the line to terminal F on the network.

This connection does not go through the buttons, but it will allow for talking and dialing.  Lets see if this works for you.  It probably will not ring until we wire the ringer for bridged ringing.

The buttons are hard wired right to the cord, so in order for the connection to go through the buttons, you will need a plug, or you will need to cut into the plug itself.

Also, in order for the lamps under the buttons to light and for the hold and transfer and all those other features to be used, you would need a KSU (key systems unit) which is pretty heavy, and probably kind of scarce where you are.  They would have mounted in an equipment closet in a business.

-Bill
-Bill G

gpo706

Sounds good Mr. Bill, yours is the 20 line version of mine.

Can do over the phone but time for bed I'm up in 6 hours.

Will catch up Sunday, or whatever timezone it is your end!

Thanks,

Scot

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Phonesrfun

OK, Sunday then is good for me.

-Bill G