News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

For Sale on eBay - Dark Gray 1553 Stromberg-Carlson Wall Phone

Started by kleenax, October 08, 2011, 11:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

Just listed this. Noticed that there has been some interest in these lately, so I thought that I would dig some of mine out and list them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230684154801

Yep; first post.   ???

Cheers,

Ray K.
http://telephonecreations.com
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Welcome to the Rotary Forum Ray!

I'm sure there are many on here looking forward to seeing pictures and listings of your creations as well as restored old phones. Maybe even some information on how you make those amazing reproduction phones.

Do you recognise my Avatar? You sent me the picture a long time ago now. I can't recall if you ever had the phone or not.

Terry

GG

Hi Ray.  (Long-time silent admirer of your work here.)

Yep, that 1553 in gray.  Interesting; I saw that earlier tonight and marked it as something to watch and bid on (though that may not be a realistic goal:-) .  SC chose a particularly nice shade of gray for those.

HarrySmith

Hi Ray! Welcome.
I saw that one testerday too, good thing I don't collect SC's as I am sure that will bring good money!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ESalter

Welcome Ray!  I saw your posting on the TCI list for that SC last night, and that thing is really a beauty!

---Eric

jsowers

Ray, that's a truly beautiful and rare phone and your auction is a lesson in how to sell it. You even provided a history lesson. I especially liked the picture of all the S-C handsets. I don't think I've ever seen all the available colors of S-Cs illustrated before.

I attached a picture of the phone and that great handset picture, since eBay auctions go away after a few months and anyone who comes across this thread in a year won't be able to see it.
Jonathan

Wallphone

Welcome to the Forum Ray! If you post the list of all the nice replacement phone parts that you make, I'm sure that there are a lot of members here that would be very interested in seeing it. I'm guessing that many here only know you for your 302 subset covers along with your complete telephone masterpieces. You gave me a link to your parts list a few years ago but I'll leave it up to you to post it.
Doug Pav

Dennis Markham

That IS a nice phone.  I have a gray one as well.  I don't know if it is DARK gray, but it appears to be the same color.  Not quite as shiny as Ray's.  It's just as I found it.

Good luck on that phone Ray and welcome to the forum!

kleenax

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 09, 2011, 12:09:59 PM
That IS a nice phone.  I have a gray one as well.  I don't know if it is DARK gray, but it appears to be the same color.  Not quite as shiny as Ray's.  It's just as I found it.

Good luck on that phone Ray and welcome to the forum!

Thanks Dennis!

Yes, your's is the same shade of (dark) Gray.

Ray
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC