News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Telephone Story - Posters

Started by WesternElectricBen, August 23, 2014, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Picture 1, shows what I believe the first generation of the Telephone Story. (From my personal Collection)

Picture 2, the second generation, (2nd gen. picturephone.) [eBay]

Picture 3, the third generation, showing more modern multilines. [eBay]

Picture 4, the fourth generation, showing the cell phone, as well as multiline wall phone. [eBay]

Ben

Fabius

I believe that at least one or more of the editions have be reproduced? Phoneco?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

unbeldi

At least the last one (the largest) is not an original, it was an expanded version by a private artist who is selling them on eBay.

I believe the first issue of this came out in 1965 and was produced by Western Electric.  In 1969, AT&T offered the second version to (potential?) Bell System customers who responded to advertising placed in consumer magazines.

There may have been a third official one, but I have to look for the references for that.

WesternElectricBen

unbeldi, you must be right about the fourth being Photoshoped.

I'm guessing the one I own, in the first picture is the 1965 version, as it has the Trimline and Picture phone, which had 'final' models before and during 1965.

Ben

unbeldi

I do have a reference to your third poster as well.  It was issued as a US bicentennial celebration in 1976.

Later in 1993 or so, AT&T produced something similar, but in form of a flow chart, a timeline, through the history of the telephone.