"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 project on eBay

Started by TelePlay, January 20, 2019, 07:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL_as_needed

Quote from: RotarDad on January 26, 2019, 10:35:02 PM
I'll bet all the forum-related views and low offers have only convinced him that he has a prize there.  I don't think we should underestimate the number of years that item could remain listed....  ;)

So then three years is my first guess
TWinbrook7

phonium

Its Back! And oh boy its more expensive!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cast-Metal-Emergency-Incoming-Bat-Phone-Presidents-Desk-Super-Rare-wow/324209521938

?hash=item4b7c64b512:g:TNsAAOSwXj5ax3Kq
George Amores
ATCA#4857

HarrySmith

I first posted about the 2 "Emergency, Presidential, Bat" phones back in July 2018: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20813.msg212992#msg212992
Nearly 2 years now and still no buyer! I don't understand why they are not selling ???
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

I noticed that it was back. Apparently so did many other forum members.
Someone should offer to sell him a replacement cap and transmitter element.
Jim
I sent him the link to this thread.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Babybearjs

Dumb seller.... most likely a desperate antique dealer.... I've been pricing the 302's and am finding alot of them around $25.00... and in alot better condition then that one....  will people ever learn???
John

Jim Stettler

The red 500 w/ dial blank sold for $100. More than I would of paid, but a red manual WE 500 is a bit hard to find.
Jim

=====

Edit:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20813.0

You live, You learn,

FABphones

Quote from: Jim Stettler on June 26, 2020, 02:21:37 PM
The red 500 w/ dial blank sold for $100. More than I would of paid, but a red manual WE 500 is a bit hard to find.
Jim

Could you add a screenshot of the eBay listing please Jim, can't find it in seller 'sold' history.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Devansphones

I got sassy and offered a dollar.... ;D
~Devan

Babybearjs

I paid almost $100 for my 564 in red.... hard color to come by in key sets... still wanting the light blue and yellow.... someone wants $145.00 for the blue, but no go for me! its been reconditions by another collector and he wants his money out of it.... good luck with that!
John

Jim Stettler

Quote from: FABphones on June 26, 2020, 02:41:22 PM
Could you add a screenshot of the eBay listing please Jim, can't find it in seller 'sold' history.
The seller sent me a message regarding this thread. He said to point out the red set sold for $100.
You live, You learn,

FABphones

Quote from: Jim Stettler on June 26, 2020, 05:25:35 PM
The seller sent me a message regarding this thread. He said to point out the red set sold for $100.

I see, thanks. Guess he must have sold it outside of eBay, that's why no sold history.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

He said it sold more than 90 days ago
You live, You learn,