Main Menu

What's This?

Started by tjmack99, January 31, 2011, 06:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjmack99

Anyone know what this is?

LarryInMichigan

It's a telephone :D

To be more specific, it's a Dutch PTT Ericsson telephone.  Great hordes of Dutch PTT phones were imported into the USA (and probably Canada as well) by Tandy in the 1970s to be sold under the Archer name by Radio Shack.  They are not worth much.  I have one with a long but minor crack which I bought on ebay for $.99 or $1.99.

Larry

tjmack99

haha...touche...I'll try to be a bit more descriptive going forward. :) Funny, this is on Craigslist for $60. I bet it will stay on Craigslist, at that price...Thanks!

LarryInMichigan

Someone will probably buy it eventually.  If you are in the market for one, I suggest being patient and watching ebay.  They appear regularly and can be had for $10 or less at times.  There are two other common styles of Dutch PTT phones which were also sold by Radio Shack:

Larry

HarrySmith

Yes, they do come up on ebay all the time for cheap. If you do a search for completed items you can probably find a few that didnt sell, maybe email the seller and get it cheaper!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

If someone is interested, here are a couple, plus a SC1543 in the KC, MO area: http://missouri.freeantiqueshopper.com/antiques/3-antique-telephones-unusual-rare.html

Larry