News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 2 - WECo Ivory 302

Started by Mark Stevens, September 11, 2008, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

I've added this Auction Activity area for discussions pertaining to auctions...DUH!  Our ever-popular Auction Contests will be posted here as well, and bingster is going to be in charge of selecting the auctions...with input from the rest of us, of course!

Ivory W.E. 302: (auction #280265128754, ending on 9-15)
McHeath - $150.00 (-47.50)
bingster - $175.00 (-22.50)
Sold for $197.50
Dennis - $225.00 (Over)
Mark - $325.00 (Over)
Hello Central - $450.00 (Over)

HELLO CENTRAL

HELLO CENTRAL.

bingster

= DARRIN =

HELLO CENTRAL

HELLO CENTRAL.

Mark Stevens

Go bingster! I knew I put a good man on the job.  ;)

McHeath

I'm going to low ball the ivory at $150

bingster

Brave man, McHeath!  I saw one go for $60 a couple months ago, so you just might come out on top with this one.
= DARRIN =

McHeath

On the other forum section I noted that the Pekin red 302 went for BIN at $525.  I did see a plain ol' black 302 go for 15 clams this summer, kicked myself afterwards for not tossing my hat in the ring on that one. 

Mark Stevens

Quote from: McHeath on September 13, 2008, 01:46:59 AM
On the other forum section I noted that the Pekin red 302 went for BIN at $525.  I did see a plain ol' black 302 go for 15 clams this summer, kicked myself afterwards for not tossing my hat in the ring on that one. 

At $525 I think that Pekin Red phone was well bought.  As for the black ones, $15 is a bargain!  From what I've observed over the past few months, black 302's can be had on eBay fairly often for $35-$45 in unrestored condition.  One just has to be very careful with the plastic ones, which most are, to see that there's no cracks on the corners... a very common problem!
Did I dream this, or did I read one time that some of the last color 302's were done in the model 500 colors?

bingster

Smart buy at 525.  Shame about the shenanigans that brought the sale about, though.  Error in the listing, my eye.  Oh, well.  Somebody's going to be one happy camper when that one arrives on the doorstep.
= DARRIN =

bingster

The results of the second auction contest are in, and the ivory 302 ended with a high bid of $197.50.  Let's see who won... drum roll please... it's me!

Congratulations to moi. ;D

Thanks to everybody for playing, and be sure to check out the current auction contest which features an Automatic Electric Type 34 in rare "Old Ivory" with brass accents.
= DARRIN =

Mark Stevens

I demand a re-count!  ;D  Congratulations, bingster!