News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Electric Mike

Started by Doug Rose, February 08, 2014, 04:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this in a 302, sitting over the condenser. Any ideas what it is??...thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Only clue I could find is a French-Canadian electronics company in Quebec called Electro Mike. https://www.electromike.com/
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Transducer? Early version? No clue!

Doug Rose

opps mine is Electro Mike....Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

What kind of end does it have, Doug? For some reason to me, the diameter of the cord looks like the diameter of a spark plug wire. Obviously, it isn't, though I am curious, if it has lots of wiring?

Ben

Doug Rose

Hey Ben...one cord is missing but the connection is there. 3 inches long, it was over the condenser with a long screw holding the bar down. It was missing the wire and the other was not connected....Doug
Kidphone

G-Man

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 08, 2014, 04:13:05 PM
I found this in a 302, sitting over the condenser. Any ideas what it is??...thanks....Doug

Hi Doug-

If it is within close proximity to the induction coil, is it a pickup coil for recording conversations? Typically they were mounted underneath the instrument.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

G-Man

Here is another version that was manufactured by/for Olson Electronics.

DavePEI

You know, that is something I had saved from when I was young. I remember buying one from Radio Shack, but with so many other things, it has gone AWOL over the past half century.

I have been looking out for one for years for the museum to add to its accessory collection, but can't remember the last time I saw one.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Contempra

Quote from: DavePEI on February 08, 2014, 06:46:49 PM
You know, that is something I had saved from when I was young. I remember buying one from Radio Shack, but with so many other things, it has gone AWOL over the past half century.

I have been looking out for one for years for the museum to add to its accessory collection, but can't remember the last time I saw one.

Dave

what !, this name ( Radio Shack ) exists yet ?.. well the name has changed for " La source " in Québec. :D

DavePEI

Quote from: Contempra on February 08, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

what !, this name ( Radio Shack ) exists yet ?.. well the name has changed for " La source " in Québec. :D

In the U.S. Here in Canada, The Source bought them out a number of years ago.... But they were Radio Shack for many, many years until quite recently.

From Wikopedia: The Source is now owned by Bell Canada, which purchased the assets of InterTAN from bankrupt parent U.S. retailer Circuit City Stores in 2009. The company is a unit of 4458729 Canada Inc. and is based in Barrie, Ontario.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Quote from: G-Man on February 08, 2014, 06:06:47 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on February 08, 2014, 04:13:05 PM

Hi Doug-

If it is within close proximity to the induction coil, is it a pickup coil for recording conversations? Typically they were mounted underneath the instrument.

A bug!?  The plot gets thicker...
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e