News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Type 24 Western Electric Ringer

Started by wds, December 11, 2017, 07:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Another nice subset ringer.  This one has blanks on the side - it looks like the box had a receiver arm at some point?  Although the box seems a little small for have an arm on it.  Has anyone seen this box with an arm?
Dave

wds

Also got a Type 72 top box.  The receiver arm has been removed - I will try to find the correct arm.  Last I got a real project phone, Manhattan two box.  Everything seems to be there except for a piece of wood on the battery box.  Something to keep my busy this winter.
Dave

Sargeguy

I love TYPE 24 boxes.  I have a couple.  I have never seen one with an arm, I didn't think it would fit. Is there a hole behing those plates? I cannot see one in the picture of the inside.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Mine does have the contacts - hard to see in the picture.  cute little box - would like to see one with the arm in it.
Dave

Sargeguy

Yes I just noticed them (using an iPhone to look at the pics  ::)), they are a little different from mine, if I recall. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Maybe it had one of those short hooks for a watchcase receiver?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

RB

That green ringer coil is interesting, two opposing coils?
new one on me. pretty cool.

wds

it is an interesting ringer.  I have 3-4 of them, and none of them work.  I need to test this one.
Dave

dsk

Quote from: wds on December 11, 2017, 07:03:49 PM
Another nice subset ringer.  This one has blanks on the side - it looks like the box had a receiver arm at some point?  Although the box seems a little small for have an arm on it.  Has anyone seen this box with an arm?
May the 2 plates on the side be an lightning arrester with a tiny gap between the plates, and one line connected to each of them?

dsk

wds

No, the two plates are covering a hole.  The #22 has the same plates cover a hole.  Interestingly the hold behind the plates in the #22 and the #24 are the same shape.
Dave