News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SA 12: AE Strowger Dial Candlestick Telephone Special Contest - Ended 05-09-15

Started by TelePlay, May 07, 2015, 07:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Another special auction contest just for the fun of it is an interesting item. I have no idea of its value but it was listed May 2nd in a 7 day auction with a reserve. The starting price asked was $4,600 and after four and a half days, it has attracted one bidder. I'm sure there is at least one other buyer out there who will get in at snipe time and the final bid will be higher than the starting bid, It may not sell but this auction will place a market value on the phone. This this contest is being set up to document this phone and its current market value for posterity. With that said, once again, who best knows what this will sell for when the auction ends. If the reserve is not met, the highest bid will be considered the current market value and the closest guesser to that value will be declared the winner.

NOTE:  This is a short contest with just under 2 days to get your vote in from the start of this contest.

Absolutely any and all members are very welcome and strongly encouraged to take a guess. After all, there are no wrong guesses, just one lucky one. No one knows the winning bid on any auction until it ends. However, it is important to get your guess in before someone else grabs your guess.

The seller listed it as a "Automatic Electric Strowger Dial Candlestick Telephone With Bell Box " with the item condition as "Used" and " - - - " with the auction listing description as "This is a beautiful Strowger and Bell Box -all original except for the back plate of the bell box. I made that plate myself. The bells and bell standoffs, and the little circle on the bottom of the box(for tying cord) are the only parts that have been re-nickled. I repainted the black color on the box. Ship to U.S. and Canada only. A rare opportunity to find these both together and in excellent shape. Buyer pays priority shipping and insurance. Ask questions before bidding. Don't bother to ask for reserve price."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231550352295

Since this is a "special rules" no winner contest, the best guesser will not be included in the CRPF Auction Contest Hall of Fame or be counted in the CRPF Contest Standings as a win. This one is just for fun. However, the winner will take a place in the Special Auction Contest Standings.

As with the other special auctions, just take a guess and I'll run the list of guesses to document this eBay auction item for posterity.

All I ask is that guesses be at least $50 dollars apart, one guess per player (can't revise a guess) and no guesses will be accepted with less than 12 hours to go in the auction -- special rules for a special contest . . .
  ;)

S C O R E B O A R D

$   5,500.00 - wds  ( 6 )  -> WINNER - Final Selling Price $4,600.00
$   5,600.00 - andre_janew  ( 10 )
$   6,000.00 - WEBellSystemChristian  ( 2 )
$   6,050.00 - Fabius  ( 9 )
$   6,555.00 - Autonut  ( 5 )
$   7,000.00 - HarrySmith  ( 8 )
$   7,500.00 - tallguy58  ( 3 )
$   8,000.00 - Russ Kirk  ( 4 )
$   8,499.99 - TelePlay  ( 1 )
$ 11,000.00 - Doug Rose ( 7 )

Auction Status

05-02-15      Listed      $     4,600.00
05-03-15      0 bids
05-04-15      1 bids      $     4,600.00
05-05-15      1 bids      $     4,600.00
05-06-15      2 bids      $     4,600.00
05-07-15      2 bids      $     4,600.00
05-08-15      2 bids      $     4,600.00
05-09-15      2 bids      $     4,600.00
05-09-15      1 bidders, 2 bids $4,600.00  Ended at 13:24:45 PDT    ( reserve not met )

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

wds

Usually reserve auctions don't end with a sale, but I'll go $5500.
Dave

Doug Rose

$11,000.....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

The winner of this Special Auction Contest is wds who with the 6th guess of the contest offered a winning guess of $5,500.00 to get his second win in the Special Auction Contest Standings. The item did not sell in that the reserve (whatever it was) was not met. The high bid, which was also the first, the one and the only bid was $4,600.00 by g***o ( 1639 ). The bid was place one day after the phone was listed. The normal, or typical, auction ending snipes did not materialize so this auction ended with no win for the seller, but it was a win for wds.

Check out the Special Auction Contest standing page to see who else has won in the 12 CRPF Special Auction Contests to date.