News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess 702B (2/67) with a 4010B Network

Started by gands-antiques, June 16, 2017, 12:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

Gary  ....    Perhaps this schematic (attached) will help as a reference that you can print, and place beside the set as you trace the circuits.    It represents the connections that poplar1 has already explained in his last post.     The schematic is from the Bell System Service Manual of 1980.

Jeff Lamb

gands-antiques

ChristmasGuy

Quote from: poplar1 on June 18, 2017, 09:42:28 PM
Dial:
Blue to F
Green (or blue) to RR
White to GN
White to R

Handset:
Black to B
Red to R
White to GN
White to R

Ringer:
Black to L1 (when using 1/4 modular cord)
Red to K
(Slate and Slate-red ringer wires insulated and stored)

Line Switch (Hookswitch):
Green to L1
White to F
Yellow to L2
Brown to C
Red to GN
Black to R
Slate to A

Line cord (mounting cord):
Green to L1
Red to L2

Transformer to 3 & 4

I moved my black ringer wire from G for some reason it was connected with the yellow wire. I just moved it over but kept slate in line and everything works, I dont know if the slates will affect my want to use the transformer since I do not have a terminal labled 4, on the terminal bank with the bulb there is 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6, no 4.
Jack Sidlauskas

poplar1

Terminal 4 is a double-screw terminal located to the right of 3. It is circled in yellow here. The black line cord wire, the slate-red wire from the night-light slide switch on back of phone, and the blue (or slate-blue) wire from the hookswitch all connect on 4.

The slate and slate-red ringer wires are circled in blue. Note that there are yellow sleeves over these two wires, because they are not used except for certain party lines. Originally, there was a 5-conductor line cord with black and white used for the lamp. Black to 4 and White to 3. Yellow line cord wire and black ringer wire went to G. Then, the yellow and green wires were connected to the same terminal on the wall connecting block or on the 4-prong 505A plug.

If you are using a 4-conductor cord, then the black ringer wire is moved from G to L1. The yellow line cord wire (rather than white) connects to the lamp base on 3.

Note that there are two slate-red wires. The slate-red ringer wire is insulated and stored (yellow sleeve in photo). The slate-red wire from the night-light switch is connected to 4.

On the wall connecting block or jack, and a 4-conductor line cord, the green and red line cord wires connect to the line, and the black and yellow line cord wires connect to the transformer.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

ChristmasGuy

Thank you! I didnt see the caps at the bottom, the case is a rats nest of wires!
Jack Sidlauskas