News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the month December 2020

Started by Jim Stettler, November 30, 2020, 08:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - December 2020  *** Vote for Two ***

Russ Kirk's Western Electric GN4676 Metropolitan  antique store  $134.11 including tax
20 (83.3%)
phonium's 11/37 302 Local $1.00
13 (54.2%)
Duffy's  White 1967 NE 1500 10 button for $30.00
3 (12.5%)
FABphones' Northern Electric 2500D with an unusual reversed logo Cost $40
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: January 06, 2021, 10:40:42 PM

Jim Stettler

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it. Other than that, any discussion of or comments about the nominated phone are not allowed, FOTM nominations only. As stated below, "Ideally your item would be (first) posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum" and if so, "the forum link if discussed in another topic" is to be included in the nomination reply.

If a significant discussion of a nominated phone starts in a FOTM topic, it will be moved to a new "discussion" topic in the appropriate board and if not, then simply removed.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) other information of importance about the find (why the item is very important to you for any reason).
6) and one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:

--> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

I would like to nominate Russ Kirk's fantastic find.

An ultra rare WE GN4676. Looks to be in wonderful condition.

Congrats Russ!!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24630.msg244204#msg244204
Kidphone

phonium

Since there is only 1 nomination so far, I will nominate my hoard of 15 Western electric 302-style phones (1 1937 and mostly metal) along with 3 354s and a bunch of f1 handsets and other parts found for $25 locally.

>EDIT<< http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24633.0<<EDIT>>

> reason for EDIT< added link<EDIT<
George Amores
ATCA#4857

I'll throw in my White to Clear NE1500 into the mix. I bought both pieces in December and made one phone.
Not sure about how the rules will be in this situation.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1928.msg244237#msg244237

FABphones

For your vote consideration please, this Northern Electric 2500D with an unusual reversed logo.

Quite possibly one of a kind - it's looking like this one came off the production line by accident as the logo to rear usually faces the other direction - towards the back of phone - this one faces inwards!

Don't like to use the word 'rare' but trying to find another one of these will lean towards difficult to impossible.

Cost $40.

Thread here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24585
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

Quote from: phonium on December 19, 2020, 01:37:47 PM
Since there is only 1 nomination so far, I will nominate my hoard of 15 Western electric 302-style phones (1 1937 and mostly metal) along with 3 354s and a bunch of f1 handsets and other parts found for $25 locally.

You can typically nominate 1 phone, unless it is a log-time set.
Select your nicest find from the hoard and submit it, I would consider the cost for 1 phone at $1.00
Jim
You live, You learn,

phonium

Quote from: Jim Stettler on December 20, 2020, 11:22:13 AM
Select your nicest find from the hoard and submit it
I think the 11/37 302 is the best, although it doesn't have most of the signs of a 1937. Rough, but dates matching.

>Edit to add link>http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24633.0   <Edit to add link<
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Doug Rose

I am "envious" to nominate Strowgerman's tremendous find. ...Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 31, 2020, 05:46:37 PM
I am "envious" to nominate Strowgerman's tremendous find. ...Doug
This is a great find, but it doesn't fit within the parameters of the contest.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

The December 2020 poll is now open. Vote for 2.
It is a 5 day poll.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Congrats to Russ Kirk. His  Western Electric GN4676 Metropolitan from an antique store for $134.11 including tax is the December 2020 Find of the month winner.
You live, You learn,

Russ Kirk

Thank you! I cleaned it up a bit. Decided to leave the labels on for the moment.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI