News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mounting Kellogg Wooden Phone to Masonry Wall?

Started by evilw, June 12, 2021, 06:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Quote from: Argee on June 14, 2021, 04:31:10 PM
It's called a French Cleat

Thank you!!!  I knew that was what it was called but I was racking my brain and could not come up with it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 14, 2021, 12:57:15 PM
...I know I saw it at one time. Basically mount a piece with the 45 degree cut on the back of the phone with the cut down. Mount the other piece with the cut up. Then it sits right in tight & strong.

Mentioned on these threads.
:)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15608

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11158
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

markosjal

this from a guy who lived in Mexico for 18 years where everything was brick and mortar or concrete walls, and a guy who mounted old heavy wooden box 26 inch TVs all over a Greyhound race track for years...me...

I would NEVER EVER , NOT FOR ANY REASON trust a plastic anchor, especially with an antique phone!

Below is the only type of anchor I would trust!

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

tubaman

Quote from: markosjal on August 02, 2022, 04:05:31 AM...

I would NEVER EVER , NOT FOR ANY REASON trust a plastic anchor, especially with an antique phone!

Below is the only type of anchor I would trust!

Depends on what you mean by a plastic anchor. We have all our kitchen wall cupboards fixed to a blockwork wall with standard screws and plastic Rawlplugs. It's the standard method of fixing things to solid walls here in the UK and works just fine.

countryman

That's a standard anchor and works just fine in solid blocks. The metal version will not hold any better in loose mortar or whatever you find in certain old half-timber / half-brick buildings (like mine...)
There are ingenious plastic anchors that also cope with more "special" situations.
Best tip for drywall kitchens I got is to put OSB or particle board behind the sheetrock. You can use wood screws wherever you want then with no anchors at all.
There are also "chemical anchors", two part resin cartridges to glue in threaded rods. Insert glass cartridge into hole, hammer in the rod, wait, will never come out again.