News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Plummer Ham and Richardson Candlestick Telephone

Started by Doug Rose, January 26, 2022, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was watching this on eBay and it looks as if it has been sold off of eBay as it has disappeared

It is a stunning stick, WE 22 used by PLUMMER HAM AND RICHARDSON Worcester MA. Just amazing condition...Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125116848103
Kidphone

poplar1

The same phone sold 4 minutes later for $225.00
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

thanks David, I saw it was relisted cut could not find it. If seller had let it stay in auction it would have gone MUCH Higher!!.....Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

This was listed for a little over one hour before the auction was ended and relisted as a buy it now (approximately one minute later) selling, as Poplar1 says, about four minutes after the relist.

Best offer was enabled on the first auction.

Nice stick, someone will be happy with their purchase today.   :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

It doesn't look like the original auction had a 'best offer' option.  I expect that someone saw the auction and sent the seller a message offering to buy it for $225, so the seller relisted the phone to give the buyer a way to make an offer and buy it.  They almost certainly would have gotten more if they had left it as an auction.

Larry

FABphones

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 27, 2022, 05:01:10 PM
It doesn't look like the original auction had a 'best offer' option....

As I understand it, Bid/Buy/Offer options disappear from viewed page after auction end (see above).

Screenshot below of listing information showing Best Offer Enabled. Best offer option can be added or removed at any point by seller before bids received and is automatically removed by eBay after bid submitted. Item watch count becomes unavailable and any bids are cancelled, reverting to 0, after an auction cancellation.

As the offer option becomes unavailable after a bid is placed perhaps the selling price was agreed after a bid was in, therefore the item was ended then relisted at the agreed price. I've seen similar happen many times, but the only folks who know these details for sure are eBay, the buyer and the seller.

Either way, seller got a price they were happy to accept and the buyer got a nice phone at a price they were happy to pay.
:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble