Maybe next time, it will definetly still be here ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Truck will be here tomorrow! I got the title and bill of sale today. Also included are the registrtions from 1965, 1966 & 1968 to Southwestern Bell! Pretty cool ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

My truck finally arrived! It is in great shape! I am very happy and can't wait to get to work on it. I plan on driving it to the Maitland show in January. I spent 3 hours this evening pressure washing the undercarriage. I removed 47 years of Texas mud, overzealous lube jobs and who knows what! I think part of an animal hide fell out when I hit the rear suspension! I have attached a pic and have lots more here: http://tinyurl.com/22u4xpq
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Congratulations, Harry.  Good luck on your restoration.  I wouldn't know where to begin with a project like that.  But it is a very cool vehicle.

KeithB

Give it Hell, Harry!!

(Sorry, I got nostalgic there for a moment.)

Okay, I've reviewed all your pictures, and I've gotta say, you've got some effort ahead of you with that baby.  Does the engine run, and if so, how well is it running?

baldopeacock

Did you buy the truck out of Texas, Harry?   Couple of those pics look like a place not far from me, off I-35 near Denton.   If that's the place, I've been there a few times.

bingster

Harry, after looking at the photos, I'm not sure which got the most water on it... the underside of the truck or you. ;)
= DARRIN =

HarrySmith

Thanks Guys! I will enjoy working on it, I started working on cars when I was 12 years old, been at it a long time!

No it is not running. Engine was partially disassembled at some point. Appears to have been sitting since 1968.

It was in Abilene Texas, on I80?

Yes, I was drenched and coverd in red mud & grease! What fun ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

And did you finish off your day with a tetnous shot
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

gpo706

Harry, I sent a mate a pic of my 250 Mk1 linesmans phone and he said his mate has this, and a rear full of engineers equipment, I've yet to see it though!

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/website%20pages/gpo_van.htm

S.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

HarrySmith

WOW, cool truck ;D
That is much more of a project than mine will be :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

The work on that GPO Van is incredible.  What an awesome job your friend did with that.  Nice photo documentation of the process.

HarrySmith

I did some more cleaning on the truck tonight. Another 3 hours with the pressure cleaner to clean the engine and all the parts that were behind the seat. Now it is ready for work to begin! I also found some stuff in the glove box, last 3 pictures, does anybody know what they are? Besides the card retainer :D

Pictures added to my web album here:  http://tinyurl.com/22u4xpq  (dead link 02-09-21)

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

What is the VW beetle cooling shroud doing there?.
robby
Was that truck parked for 42 years ?