News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 21 wiring

Started by Babybearjs, August 15, 2013, 01:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

this post applies to the Wall version of the AE 21. I had a dickens of a time troubleshooting my phone, only to find the wire between the bell coils broken and the same for one of the capacitor leads... all fixed... resoldiered and working. the problem was with the dial.... if I wired it as shown the phone would just crackle. If I followed the AE 42 dial wiring... the darn thing would finally start to work. the schematics I working from are the #21 with the booster circuit and the #21 with the anti-sidetone wiring.... (what I call the #42) has anyone had any similar problem with these phones, or is it just me...???
John

jfrutschy

I was stuck on my 21's also.  My hook switch had been wired incorrectly and my connections on my induction coil were not right either.   I spent nearly thirty hours trying to figure the mess out. I had every function working just not at the same time.   I had wired it according to several schematics I had found, each were different.  i was lost.  After trial and error and frustration....I wised up and sent it to Steve Hilsz.  Within three hours he had completed servicing three dials and rewiring my 21.  

He has just finished my second one yesterday and I am awaiting its return.  I have two more I am working on and also a manual set to.  I ended up with several due to the rarity in finding the parts needed.

I still have not understood what was done to make them work but with two working models I am hoping to get the third to work on my own.

I do love this model.  Current one all stock.  Pix as soon as it returns to its home.

stub

John,
        Need pics of the phone insides you are working on.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield