News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The best dogs I've seen. All have been mine.

Started by Bill Cahill, March 24, 2009, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 21, 2010, 01:33:58 PM
I want to share something that happened to me last night.
I got home after my Monday evening Bible study.
I leave my boy out (Kaw-Liga, my avatar photo),   And request of my Mom to let him back in before dark as Coyotes run after dark and routinely get dogs.
Well when I got home I went inside and he wasn't in there so I went out and called, no answer, so I went to my Moms and asked if he was at her house, He wasn't and she said she forgot it was a Monday, and I failed to tell her so he was a left outside.
I got home at 9:30 PM.
So me and my daughter got flashlights and went looking.
After about 5 minute s I found him, he was laying next to a small tree, and he was dead. Attacked by Coyote.
This is perhaps the worst single day of my life and I feel like I've lost a part of my heart. He has bee by my side 24/7 for the past 12 years. I was hoping for 5 to 7 more as hew was in very good health.  If it were not for my faith in my Lord and God, I do not think I could handle this. I know this breaks religious rules but I can't take this alone.

Donna;
I would have never guessed that just over 24 hours later I would be feeling your same pain.

D/P

Dan, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.....
You will be in my prayers.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Tom B

Tom

KeithB

There truly are no words :'( to express the sadness I am feeling for you at this time.

I wish you some small measure of peace in the coming days.  They will be dark and terrible, but you will survive them, somehow.

Dan/Panther

I want to thank everyone for your very kind and comforting words. It does help tremendously to know others feel your pain to a degree. This is still going to take me a long time to get through, but I will, and life will continue, but it will never be the same for me, I've been changed to a degree from this. He truly was a part of my being.
Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson