News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Two New Surveys

Started by Ellen, March 16, 2009, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I think we need to stop matt you guys. I think hes doing pot now!

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

AET

Tailfins, Brylcreem, and the WE500.
- Tom

Ellen

String         Containers         Handles

And The Automatic Clothes Washing Machine

I have been thinking about these for a while, and just now I have to add "sharp implements" but I don't know which of my 3 to eliminate!

HobieSport

Quote from: Steve
I think we need to stop matt you guys. I think hes doing pot now!

Close, but in the picture of the doggy in the pot, the pot should be vintage Revere Ware and the dog should be my plump cat, with maybe a carrot and an onion.  Nice vintage stove in that pic, too.  Actually the horrible addiction that I need an intervention for is much more serious.  I suffer from AVRT.  Addiction to Vintage Rotary Telephones.  Not sure if I can hope to get help for that in this group... ;)

Ellen; Sharp implements?  Again, I must mention the cat...

Dan

AVRT--that's hilarious! I'm gonna tell my wife that one.

A variation of that is EA-AVRT, that is Ebay Associated- addiction to vintage rotary telephones.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Hmmm, new meaning to the term "hot dog".  :P

I think the cure for this "hobby" is simply to spend all ones life savings on every old phone within a 20 mile vicinity, or kilometer for those of you in the metric world.  That ought to do it eh? ;)

HobieSport

Quote from: McHeath
I think the cure for this "hobby" is simply to spend all ones life savings on every old phone within a 20 mile vicinity.  That ought to do it eh? ;)

Sadly, not really Heath, because as Dan pointed out, like many, I suffer from the "EA" (Ebay Associated) form of "AVRT".  Alas, with no cure in sight I just have to live with this horrible debilitation and make the best of it.

Meanwhile, to sort of keep on thread, here's an interesting list of inventions from the Encyclopedia Britannica to choose from:

http://corporate.britannica.com/press/inventions.html

...and my idea of a well rounded meal:

Dennis Markham

Hobie, so when it's raining cats and dogs there in California and the roof leaks, you put pans under the leaks???

HobieSport

Yeah, that's the ticket, Dennis! ;D  And they're also so delicious and nutritious! ;)
And for a tasty desert...

McHeath

That's real cat food there. :D

Dan/Panther

Airplane
Television
Computer.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

Cheese, the Printing Press, disposable diapers
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

HobieSport

Here is an intersting TV series on inventions, including an episode about the telephone:

http://hessmo.com/Hessmo/Jeremy_Clarksons_Inventions_that_Changed_the_World.html