News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial Lamination

Started by Fabius, July 04, 2016, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

While surfing eBay for something else I came across a seller selling original dial plates with new laminated tops. Has anyone bought one or seen how they look up close?

http://tinyurl.com/jds2ggl
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WEBellSystemChristian

I have several dial plates with overlays (supplied by OPW): they look great and hold up very well. With the fingerwheel removed, it looks obviously like an overlay, but the edges of the fingerwheel hide the outside edges. The result is almost impossible to tell the difference between the overlay and the real thing.

The main candlestick in our dining room has one, and has been dialed almost every day for the past 2 1/2 years. Not once has it shown any sign of wear or damage.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Ktownphoneco

I've got a few of them that I use on what would otherwise be an unusable number plate.    If they're carefully positioned when installed, they look decent.    But any user with long finger nails will probably scratch the plastic before too long.    The one in the listing may have originated with "oldphoneworks".       They sell a number of different overlays for porcelain number plates, and they'r a lot cheaper than the one in the listing.       Here's a link to "oldphoneworks" web page showing that particular overlay.

Link :  https://www.oldphoneworks.com/western-electric-132e-overlay-for-no-2-dials-notchless.html

Tom :   I'm sending you a personal message as well.

Jeff Lamb

TelePlay

Just to clear this up, the listed item is a number plate WITH an overlay applied to it, not just the overlay.

AL_as_needed

Is there a method anyone has tried to protect an existing, still in good condition, number plate? On my 302 the number 1 is just starting to fade a bit.
TWinbrook7