News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

3D 302...

Started by Dan/Panther, March 21, 2009, 03:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Not everyone can experience this, but if you look directly at the photo, and cross your eyes and make a third image between the other two, you will see the phone in 3D.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Cool!  Now I have a headache and my eyesight may never be the same.  Does that count? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereogram

"Stereogram of an asiatic hybrid lilium. To view the image cross your eyes until four images appear, then allow the image to converge to a set of three, focusing on the center image"

HobieSport

Speaking of optical illusions in general:

You are getting sleepy...
You will send all your phones to me...
(evil laugh)

Dennis Markham

What are you guys smoking out west?? :)

HobieSport

Maybe it's the fumes from baking newly painted phone parts and warming phone cords in the oven. ;)

Dennis Markham

That sounds like a legitimate explanation.

AET

It's like the old photoviewer things from the turn of the century. With the dual pics and you hold the viewer up to your eyes and it looks 3d.
- Tom

Steve K

Tom:

That 302 picture would work perfectly in a stereopticon, the viewer you mentioned.  In one of my classes I have my students make theor own 3-D pictures much like the ones above and we can then view them in the opticon.

Steve

AET

Steropticon! There's the word I was looking for, just couldn't seem to pull that one out of my, er, hat!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Steve K on March 23, 2009, 12:26:57 AM
Tom:

That 302 picture would work perfectly in a stereopticon, the viewer you mentioned.  In one of my classes I have my students make theor own 3-D pictures much like the ones above and we can then view them in the opticon.

Steve

Steve;
Copy it and print it...even convert it to Black and White.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

DP, now, you gave ME a headache!
DP, you smokin' that funny stuff again?
:D ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."