News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Not a Continental?

Started by Pourme, October 08, 2019, 05:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

I have thought the 75 year thing was bogus. Never saw any imperials with dates even close to 1951

oldguy

I agree, we should have if possible, documented information on Imperial & Continental Phones. These are some of my favorite phones. I have an ivory & a green Continental & a few Imperials. I remember years ago seeing an imperial in the Roseville CA telephone museum. I thought to myself, I would really like to have one of those. Like some of us do, I have gone overboard & have more Imperials than anybody could possibly need. I have a broken ankle & am supposed to stay off of it (i'm not doing very well at that), so doing some research on these telephones may be a good reason to stay off that ankle.
Gary

Jack Ryan

Quote from: poplar1 on October 13, 2019, 10:41:13 AM
Some of this has been documented in previous posts.

Yes, I followed most of the links to other sometimes very long threads containing conflicting information.

Quote from: rdelius on October 13, 2019, 10:46:23 AM
I have thought the 75 year thing was bogus. Never saw any imperials with dates even close to 1951

That may well be true but others are unmoved in their view to the contrary.

I am really only making a suggestion that factual information should be presented as such with, as far as possible, documentary evidence supporting it. I am generally none the wiser if I trawl through pages of sometimes contradictory information.

I realise that documentary evidence is sometimes very hard to find but it is important. Imagine future collectors uncovering lots of chrome 20ALs - if they only rely on what is found, they will become an official part of WE's history. And then there are left handed candlesticks, some of which are already classified as "official".

Again, this is my view - others may have different views.

Regards
Jack