"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Do you pick your feet in Pennsauken?

Started by Greg G., August 29, 2010, 03:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Baby-blue mushroom phone (minus the cap) in NJ:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/1913608293.html ( dead link 03-02-21 )
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

KeithB

Doug Rose

she's has it for at least six months. Couldn't get her to ship it....Doug
Kidphone

KeithB

I wondered about asking that this morning. That's why many people use Craigslist, precisely to avoid the time and trouble of packaging and shipping.  Many people prefer the personal contact aspect of it, as well. It's a shame, and I'm tempted to drive up there, darn it!!

Doug Rose

Keith ...I there are what looks to be burn marks near the cradle in other pictures she had posted...Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Quote from: KeithB on August 29, 2010, 12:14:50 PM
snip> That's why many people use Craigslist, precisely to avoid the time and trouble of packaging and shipping.  Many people prefer the personal contact aspect of it, as well. <snip>

Some also don't like to pay the ebay and Paypal fees.  Getting cash in hand when someone takes your item is nice.

OTOH, they miss out on the global market of insane phone collectors who might offer more than their asking price.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Greg G.

I must be getting feeble-minded, it took me half the day to remember the title of the movie where the "pick your feet" line came from.  Finally recalled it, The French Connection (Do you pick your feet in Poughkeepsie?).  Well hell, that movie was in the early 70s!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e