News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Yay!!! Panasonic KX-T616 system for me!!

Started by twocvbloke, June 17, 2012, 04:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Also, does it do pulse dialing on all the CO lines or just the first line?

On the US version, you can select which outgoing line you want, instead of dialing "9" for the first available outgoing trunk, you can dial "81" for CO line 1; "82" for CO line 2, and so on.

-Bill G

twocvbloke

Yeah, I tired the battery pulling after I posted, and same thing... :(

I went through all the CO lines too, dialling 81 thru. 86 and they all pulse, but I  had a thought afterwards, I decided to read the instructions for the UK KX-T30810 model, and it states that the default setting for the 308 is Pulse, so, I think it's a firmware thing as I previously mentioned, another difference between apparently same hardware!!  :-\

I'm guessing that as it was introduced in I presume the late 80's/early 90's, then a lot of lines here were still on Strowger hardware and gradually being switched over to DTMF equipment (we didn't adopt DTMF as quickly as the US), I assume this as The secret life of machines episode on the telephone was made in 1989/90, and they were showing a telephone exchange that was still using Strowger switches even then, so I presume they made the Pulse default on the KX-Txxx phone systems to be more compatible in whatever situation they were put into... :)

Anyway, I've also been trying codes for the UK 308 and they're working on my 616, so, I think I will have to rely on them for now, but again, I need the KX-T7130 (another UK thing it seems!!) systemphone to programme it, so for now, it'll just have to wait until I get that phone... :)

Phonesrfun

You mentioned in an earlier post that you once worked somewhere that had a 308 system.  Is it possible that they have a digital system phone you could "borrow" to get yours programmed?  A long shot, but something to consider.

-Bill G

twocvbloke

Quote from: Phonesrfun on July 17, 2012, 12:36:44 AMIs it possible that they have a digital system phone you could "borrow" to get yours programmed?  A long shot, but something to consider.

Yeah, they do have the phones, but they're about 100-odd miles away now as we moved from Lancashire to Durham last November, so, it's a bit far to go really, quite literally a long-shot... :-\

I actually remember using one of the systemphones there, I didn't know how to work it at the time as I was used to using cordless analogue phones, so didn't know what the buttons did and I kept pressing Recall instead of Hold to put people on hold, and of course, it didn't put them on hold, whoops... :D

I've found a phone on ebay that I'm watching, may just be able to free up some pennies this week for it, but we'll see... :)

twocvbloke

Well, bottom droppings, didn't win the phone I was looking at on ebay... ::)

Ah well, you win some, you lose some... :-\

gpo706

Plenty more fish in the sea 2CV!

If I could track one down anyone can!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

Yeah, it was a charcoal/black T7030 I'd found, I liked that one as it's not easy to get them yellowed like the beige/white phones... :D

I also noticed that searching for "KX-T7130" results in less results than "T7130", I think ebay sees the - as a "not including" marker, so it cuts out the T7130... ???

Ah well, I'll get one eventually, hopefully for less than a tenner cos I'm just that cheap... :D

gpo706

Try "Easa Phone" or KXT or K-XT.

Also worth contacting commercial sellers as they do rip outs of systems and have loads of stock, and would be happy to offer a BIN offer.

In fact when I got my 7130 off the bay the seller sent the wrong set (7050), when I contacted him, he sent the 7130 and didn't even ask for the 7050 to be returned.

BUT I would rather have a black 7130 to match my black DSS, but that's just interior design BS on my part.

twocvbloke

Yeah, I've been looking on and off (especially the past day cos I won £95 on the idiot tax, I mean lottery on saturday!!), but they seem to be rather popular at the moment, so, I'll wait until christmas time when people are selling on ebay and not buying, that's when things get cheap... :D

twocvbloke

And at long last, I have the BE version of the instruction manual, cos the US manual doesn't match up with the codes I can enter and what the T7130 displays, so now I can properly programme it without having to guess what does what... ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130841181741
( dead link 05-17-21 )

poplar1

And the US version uses two different codes: The KSU with a 3 in a circle uses the later programming codes.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

twocvbloke

It's funny how they had the same (well, almost) hardware, yet kept changing the software to make such different setups, despite being essentially the same thing... ???

Still, I guess that's why they had the KX-T616, KX-T61610 and KX-T61610BE... :D

twocvbloke

And the instructions have arrived, surprisingly by recorded delivery, but then the P&P was £3.50... :D

Time to get reading I suppose... :D

gpo706

twocvbloke

I like to think of the "BE" part meaning "British Edition", cos it was made in Britain (Wales I think), rather than over in the far eastern land of cheapskates... :lol: