News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Starlite with Backlit Dial

Started by compubit, February 16, 2020, 07:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

I ran across an auction for a white Automatic Electric Starlite and it appeared to have an AC plug attached. Since I rarely see these intact (quite a few with the AC cord cut...), I made a bid and won. And paid a decent price ($13 + $15.40 shipping).

The phone arrived, well packed (multiple layers of bubble wrap). I plugged it in, turned off the light, and, voila, I see the blue glow!  Also, the dial spline freely.

Success, plus another variation to add to mycollection of white phones!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Stormcrash

Wow awesome find! nice and bright glow on the dial. Just give the housing and cords a little cleanup and it will look nice and spiffy

Jim Stettler

That is a very hard to find telephone. Working is a big bonus.
You should put it in find of the month.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

WOW! Nice score. That is a great price and the working dial light is impossible to find. Congrats!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Very Nice Jim! I bought a collection that had 10 of the starlites with the plug in the batch last year and not ONE of them lit up. BUT they all worked......Doug
Kidphone