News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 187 Faceplates

Started by Babybearjs, November 05, 2011, 12:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

does anyone have any extra faceplates for the AE 187 3 line phone? I have one and want to change out the faceplate. I have the gold and am looking for any other color including clear. I got a 186 on ebay but the faceplate is not compatable with the 187 because of the modifications GTE made to the lightbar. (they went LED) So, if you have any extra plates, drop me a line @  Babybearjs@gmail.com. or this message system. heres hoping!  John
John

AE_Collector

There are two distinct versions of the 187 face plates. The old back painted ribbed plastic plates and the new clear plastic that used paper mats underneath like the 80E phones.

The 186 have 3 different types. Old and new like the 187 plus the newest type that also was clear with paper mats but as you mentioned, they are designed for the newest LED line indicators on the newest 186 sets.

Even the older two types of 186 plates are incompatible with 187 sets becasue the 187 has the wo extra round buttons up top although i guess holes could be drillled through the 186 plates in a pinch.

So do you want the old back painted plates or the newer clear plates with paper mats for your 187. I don't believe that I have any spares of any type. I might even be missing a couple. Someone just had packages of the paper mats listed on ebaY.

<edit> I just noticed this is in Collectors Corner....should be in Classifieds I would think.

Terry