News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I Finally Finished My WE 302s!!

Started by Doug Rose, December 01, 2018, 01:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Karl was one of the casualties of last years flame wars. It cost this forum a lot when a few know it all's got involved.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RotarDad

Doug - Any chance of Karl returning to the forum?  I also miss his vast technical knowledge and willingness to share.  We certainly are much quicker to call out, and shut down, bad behavior now - that was a learning experience for all.   I'd ask him to come back if I had a way to reach out.... :)
Paul

Doug Rose

Quote from: RotarDad on March 09, 2019, 08:25:14 PM
Doug - Any chance of Karl returning to the forum?  I also miss his vast technical knowledge and willingness to share.  We certainly are much quicker to call out, and shut down, bad behavior now - that was a learning experience for all.   I'd ask him to come back if I had a way to reach out.... :)
Paul....in the end Karl and I had no contact and we still do not. I was not one of his favorites.  He had issues the way the Forum was run. Right or wrong, he was a member who gave a lot to the Forum in my opinion. He always did try to help others, but did have an abrasive personality. I would welcome him back, but I do not see that happening...Doug
Kidphone

KaiserFrazer67

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 09, 2019, 08:43:48 PM
Paul....in the end Karl and I had no contact and we still do not. I was not one of his favorites.  He had issues the way the Forum was run. Right or wrong, he was a member who gave a lot to the Forum in my opinion. He always did try to help others, but did have an abrasive personality. I would welcome him back, but I do not see that happening...Doug
Is that the guy (whose username I won't mention) who deleted a lot of his posts by changing them to a period only?  That whole situation saddens me, too.  I was one of the many who benefitted from his expertise as well.  Thankfully, I haven't found any of my posts where he deleted expertise given to me personally.  I agree with your assessment of him; as you said, he could come across a bit hard-edged, terse, and pretty aloof at times, but he was at least willing to help out.  Sad that he decided to remove a lot of that expertise when he left.  :'(
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser

oldguy

Outstanding finished product Doug. You have a beautiful 302 collection. I have a bunch of blacks an ivory & a Peking red. The other colors tend to get expensive.
Gary

Doug Rose

Kidphone