News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring a jack for a Princess with switch

Started by Lee58, June 11, 2017, 09:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

That is the crimper I was thinking of and is what I use. Somewhere in that thread is a post about grinding out one of the cutouts to make it fit better.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 12, 2017, 06:00:09 PM
That is the crimper I was thinking of and is what I use. Somewhere in that thread is a post about grinding out one of the cutouts to make it fit better.

Harry, I think you are remembering either a homebrew crimper topic or a mod to a different crimper to make it work with 22-26 gauge self piercing spade lugs. This red handled crimper is the exact correct tool as is for setting telephone spade lugs.

Lee58

Thanks very helpful. The people on this forum rock. It is a honor to be part of it.

HarrySmith

Maybe, John. I remember something about grinding one of them but may not have been that one. Thanks for the clarification.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Victor Laszlo

If you advertise the telephone on Ebay, with an accurate description that it is a "Western Electric Home Interphone" set, you may be pleasantly surprised to receive enough $ to buy a bunch of other Princess phones. They are extremely rare, in that condition.