"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1958 Pink Mushroom

Started by TelePlay, December 10, 2011, 07:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Anyone watching this?

BIN at $889 seems a bit high, good condition but it does show color changes?

Is the rare color worth that price?

LarryInMichigan

I think that that is the same phone that has been on ebay for several months.  The price drop a bit every so often.

Larry

HarrySmith

That seller has 3 mushrroms he has been trying to sell for a long time. The 1959 Pink he bught from me off eBay for around $140.00 and immediately relisted it for $1200.00! He has lowered the price some but still too expensive. There is a thread here somewhere from when he first listed it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Harry,

Yes, and I do remember your comments from some time ago. You are right.

That must also be his black mushroom on eBay far a bit less.

GG

Somehow a lot of people end up getting dollar signs in their eyes over these things, and someone needs to give them a dose of reality about that.

Probably what they do is look up completed transactions or BIN listings, see the highest listed price, and decide that for whatever reason, they can get the same or higher price. 

To a certain extent it may be the "jackpot" syndrome: "Oh boy, look what I found, I'm so lucky!" and then they don't want to believe they aren't as lucky or special as that. 

In any case, someone needs to bring them down to earth.  And part of that may be that when new people post here, asking "what's this worth?" we don't try to boost their egos by quoting high numbers.  Better to deliberately quote a low number: under-promise and over-perform, and separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of realistic sellers vs. unrealistic sellers and speculators. 

liteamorn

Quote from: GG on December 11, 2011, 02:57:10 AM

Somehow a lot of people end up getting dollar signs in their eyes over these things, and someone needs to give them a dose of reality about that.

Probably what they do is look up completed transactions or BIN listings, see the highest listed price, and decide that for whatever reason, they can get the same or higher price. 

To a certain extent it may be the "jackpot" syndrome: "Oh boy, look what I found, I'm so lucky!" and then they don't want to believe they aren't as lucky or special as that. 

In any case, someone needs to bring them down to earth.  And part of that may be that when new people post here, asking "what's this worth?" we don't try to boost their egos by quoting high numbers.  Better to deliberately quote a low number: under-promise and over-perform, and separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of realistic sellers vs. unrealistic sellers and speculators. 
sounds like a job for Mr. Helpful.

GG

Hey, who are you callin' Mr. Helpful?  Them's fightin' words!     :-)