"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 30 - Western Electric 200 series key phone

Started by Dan, June 30, 2009, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

http://tinyurl.com/m8wnyx

I don't know if I have ever seen one quite like this before. Do you feel it will bring big bucks?

PS it looks like "Mr Helpful" has chimed in on this one as well......

S C O R E B O A R D
$400 - McHeath
$450 - mienaichizu
$500 - Brinybay
$600 - contraste
$750 - Sargeguy
$950 - bingster
$958 - Tonyrotary
$975 - Dan/Panther
$1000 - HobieSport
$1121.51 - Dennis Markham (Winner)
Sold for $1,158.00
$1234.56 - DanĀ²
$1315.99 - JorgeAmely
$1374.99 - Bill Cahill
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Steve K

Dan:

That is not a prototype but rather a rare predecessor to the 400 series key phones.  I am sure that it will go high.  I'm not good at guessing things like that but I would not be surprised if it goes for $1000.

Steve

Steve K

Phonesrfun

Now, you see, if you'd have come to the NW phone show in Seattle on Saturday and gone to the Seattle Telecommunications Museum, you could have seen the whole system in action.  The earliest key system was actually a combination key system and automatic PBX  It came out in the 30's and these key telephones were used with the 750 PBX.  These were used in small businesses and big homes that had maids, butlers, cheauffers, etc.  There are some pics of this in the slideshow I am about to post regarding the museum in Seattle.

Not many of these around.  The phone probably will bring in some good bucks.  So here is a link to the Seattle museum:

http://tinyurl.com/klgp3p

-Bill
-Bill G

bingster

It's official!  This is auction 32.

What do you think this one will bring?  Get your guesses in before the auction's final day, and you could be the winner of this week's contest!
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dan

$1234.56.  I think this is very intriguing, and you could easily change out the F1 receiver to make it "original" again
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

It is just Monopoly money, put me down for $1315.99
Jorge

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Tonyrotary

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

It's been a little weird lately with common phones going for peanuts but the collector pieces are getting pretty good $$$$.  I will go $750.  It is rare but also kind of dorky.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

McHeath

What a strange looking phone, in an interesting sort of way.

I'll guess $400 big ones.