News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 41 - Automatic Electric 80 in Red

Started by bingster, December 26, 2009, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

For our next auction contest, we have a smashing telephone.  The Automatic Electric 80 is a great looking phone, but is particularly beautiful in red.  How much do we think this one will bring when all is said and done?  Get your guesses in before the auction's final day, and you could be the next contest winner!

S C O R E B O A R D

$25.00 - JorgeAmely
$35.00 - McHeath
$49.00 - Dan/Panther
$53.55 - talkingtime
$54.32 - bingster
$67.77 - Dennis Markham
$73.65 - Dewdrop
$79.58 - bwanna
$79.99 - Bill Cahill
$80.00 - Tonyrotary
$82.00 - mienaichizu
$83.27 - Jim S
$85.00 - AtomicEraTom
$87.00 - Dan
$95.00 - stub1953
$100.00 - Hobiesport (WINNER!)
Sold for $122.50
$125.56 - Brinybay
= DARRIN =

stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

AET

- Tom

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

B:

Put me down for $25. AE phones are not too exciting to collectors and they tend to sell for cheap. I have a nice one for which I paid $4 plus shipping.

Jorge

Dennis Markham

I'll go $67.77.  It would be nice if the dial card retainer ring and plungers were chrome and there was a matching mounting cord.  But whomever buys that phone probably won't e looking for those points.  As the collectors say......It presents well.

Dewdrop

Debbie

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

I can't believe nobody has commented on the oxymoron Bell System dial card on the AE phone.  Kind of like having a Ford hood ornament on a Chevy.

-Bill
-Bill G

Tonyrotary

Interesting note there Bill. I didn't notice that at first. I'll say $80.00

AET

Now THAT is blasphemy.  Maybe that's what someone did, only the other way around, since my Caprice Hood ornament is gone.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 27, 2009, 02:28:00 PM
I can't believe nobody has commented on the oxymoron Bell System dial card on the AE phone.  Kind of like having a Ford hood ornament on a Chevy.

-Bill
- Tom

Jim Stettler

I don't believe in posting Ebay auctions until they close, That said. I will play the game.
I would expect this phone to be in $40-$50 range at a show. And would probably sell at $35- $50.
As far as Ebay it will probably sell for for $80-90 (+ shipping). My final answer is $83.27 (+ shipping).

I would only pay $20-25 at a show for this phone. on Ebay it is worth about $30 (delivered) to me.

I consider the dial center a non-point, it is easy enough to get a real or repro AE dial center. It does bug me when the parts aren't accurate.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bwanna

more like a chevy hood ornament on a ford ::) ;D

i'm in for .....79.58, just because it's red & it's pretty ;)
donna

HobieSport

Quote from: Phonesrfun
I can't believe nobody has commented on the oxymoron Bell System dial card on the AE phone.  Kind of like having a Ford hood ornament on a Chevy.

-Bill

I was too busy looking at the neat red AE 80 to notice that I was being such an oxymoron. ;D

-Matt

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."