"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOR SALE == Tone Generator Stand-Alone for you phone

Started by ramegoom, June 18, 2018, 11:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramegoom

$37 shipped to US address.

The circuit, tested and calibrated, is now available. It requires 9-24VDC input, and puts out a 1v. P-P square wave dial tone. You can install this 2x3" circuit into your phone, and attach a 12v. "wall-wart" supply to its inputs. Whenever you pick up your display phone, you'll get a dial tone! It can also be used with an internal 9V battery, and wired to the hook switch so when it's on hook, the circuit is off - this way your demo phone will be self-contained.

The circuit uses a built-in power supply regulator and consumes very little power.

Here's the finished part. Let me know if you're interested.

Dan F

ramegoom

I'll get something together. It's the classic tone, 350Hz and 440Hz paired, and it's adjustable. Each tone individually adjusts so if you prefer another sound, it can be set easily.

Key2871

That sounds interesting. Could one use it to impose a tone in say a switch board?
KEN

ramegoom

TelePlay

Weco355aman

do you know if this can be tuned to 600/120 Step x step D T
Phil

ramegoom

Should be within the range of the adjustments. If not, a simple resistor change will accommodate the tune. On the board, there are test points where you can attach your scope or frequency counter. You tune each output, and the net is a combination of both.

robert_m

Item works, and delivered intact, thank you, helps with the project im working on.  Thank you - This is informative so people know it works but tone a little diffrent than legacy telco but thats not a big deal to me, as my ATT Merlin Legend nor the pani 61610 have SAME tone legacy telco had, nor does my 930a......think bell telco had two tones for dial tone, not just one, but may be incorrect, that part im not sure of and no expert on that.