News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Priority Mail Heads Up

Started by Vern P, March 15, 2012, 12:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern P

Just a heads up when shipping.  IF you use a PRE printed "Priorty Mail" lable when shiping something parcel post or other NON "Priority Mail".   

The USPS will charge the "Priority Mail" RATE. Even if you cross out or cover over the "PM" name at the top.   Becaues it is still shows  the "PM" in the feild they will call it "PM", and sent it "Postage Due"

This happen to me, on a mouth pice that was sent "Parcel Post". I had to pay the $3 differnts between the 2 rates to get it.   

So IF you are senting stuff OTHER than by "Priority Mail" don't use this lable.

Vern P

PS: On a side note. Since it is mid March, I have gone back to work, doing my yard care.   This means I will not have a lot of extra time to hang out here.  If there is something that you would like my input on. Just sent me a note at  vern1435@webtv.net  this is also listed in my profile, if you need to find me.

Dan/Panther

The reason is they use the label to determine routing and priority of service. They don't have time to look at the amount charged with each package so the label tells them basically what they need to know.
They've also started to print Priority on the inside of the boxes so yo can't get free boxes then ship parcel post.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

Twice I won items from an ebaY seller in Florida. They shippd in Priority boxes but printed postage on-line somehow based on 1 pound parcel post. Both times the boxes arrived "postage due" since they used flat rate boxes. After the first time the seller ignored my emails about it. I bought a second item from them and deducted the amount from the first "postage due" from my payment. Second box arrived "postage due" just like the fist time. I got a good deal on the items so "wrote off" the loss the second time and stopped buying from them. Oh yeah, left a "Neutral FB for them as well which is the only time I have left other than a Good FB (not counting a few times with "No Comment" left.

Terry