News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Different 1500 Deskset

Started by Fabius, February 14, 2016, 09:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

First one of these I've seen. Press 1 through 9 and get a different tone for each number. Press O and get the popup girl. Cute toy.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

compubit

That and the Playskool Pay Phone.  As a child, I would apparently play for hours with these.  My mom says I would put a "coin" in the phone, dial a couple of numbers, giggle and talk, hang up, and do it all over again...

Must have been where I caught the "bug"...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Fabius on February 14, 2016, 09:00:15 PM
First one of these I've seen. Press 1 through 9 and get a different tone for each number. Press O and get the popup girl. Cute toy.

I have had those before. 10-15 years ago you could still find 10 button princess toy phones at walmart.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

andre_janew

You guys were lucky.  The phone I had to play with was a WE 500 manual phone with a 95A dial blank.  I had to pretend it had a dial!  It wasn't all bad.  When I grew up I did hook it up to a phone line and it worked!