News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

For Sale 5302 $45

Started by HowardPgh, October 06, 2019, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardPgh

I have for sale a 5302 GR3 GF telephone. In as found condition. No crack or breaks in the case, but it is dirty and scuffed. Has GF type handset with F1 elements in it. Definitely an F1 transmitter, I couldn't get the receiver cap off, but I assume there's an HA1 element in there. I tested it and it dials out, I didn't check to see if it rang. Prefer to ship to USA. Check OK for payment. $45.00 plus shipping.
Howard

HowardPgh

Howard

Dan/Panther

It just dawned on me looking your photos. I wonder if that style handset was what was originally installed on my 48-500. Makes sense because it's an overlap period of production, and most if not all components from the 48-500 to the 49-500 were modified.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

poplar1

Quote from: Dan/Panther on October 17, 2019, 01:14:44 PM
It just dawned on me looking your photos. I wonder if that style handset was what was originally installed on my 48-500. Makes sense because it's an overlap period of production, and most if not all components from the 48-500 to the 49-500 were modified.

D/P

I doubt it. 5302s -- conversions of 302s -- were not assembled until 1955. They were not a "transition" between the 302 and the 500.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HowardPgh

From what I read on this site, the 500 was designed from the ground up.  The 500 must be the best piece of electronic equipment ever designed.
Howard

HowardPgh

Phone still available. $32.00
Howard

Dan/Panther

Quote from: poplar1 on October 17, 2019, 01:56:41 PM
I doubt it. 5302s -- conversions of 302s -- were not assembled until 1955. They were not a "transition" between the 302 and the 500.

Why would they design that handset AFTER the 500 was already in production  ? Unless it's just some oddball receiver cap.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

rdelius

Those caps were designed so the 302 circuit would still be as designed with the f1-ha1 capsules but with the g1  handle  for modern looks. Recycle old parts for more use

Jim Stettler

Quote from: rdelius on December 05, 2019, 02:49:39 PM
Those caps were designed so the 302 circuit would still be as designed with the f1-ha1 capsules but with the g1  handle  for modern looks. Recycle old parts for more use
You can also find F handsets that were modified  for G-type elements. I have seen these on some Imperial D1's. The subset is the 500 type guts. I think 685 is the number for that subset.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HowardPgh

Howard

Spanish_phones

How much the shipping costs would be to Madrid, Spain?

HowardPgh

Howard