News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Very Scarce 12B Payphone lock on eBay for sale

Started by kleenax, January 28, 2013, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

To tak (więc) trudne współdziałanie z językowymi barierami (przeszkoda). przypuszczam tam nie jest wiele (wielka ilość; dużo) wy możecie robić. To *stinks* na pewno!

Good luck with that.
Mo ;)
Practice Kindness :)

LarryInMichigan

I believe that ebay sends their support calls to the Philippines like many other companies these days.  The English of the call-takers can be difficult to understand at times, but the biggest problems are that they simply do not understand the issues involved, and most work for call center companies, not the companies with whom the caller is trying to do business.  I used to have an ETrade brokerage account.  I was not receiving the checks or debit cards that I ordered, and eventually discovered that they had apparently been sent to an old address in another state.  The outsourced support people in Manila couldn't understand why it made any difference what address was used and couldn't do anything about it anyway.  I tried in vain to explain to them that someone 1000 miles away could be withdrawing funds from my account, but the concept didn't register with them.  I quickly transferred my account to another company.

In another, more recent experience, I received a phone bill with a fraudulent charge marked as "operator assistance".  When I asked the support woman in the Philippines what sort of operator assistance I supposedly used, she explained to me that I had used an operator to call phone number "111000".  I tried to explain that there is no such valid number in this country, but she didn't understand.  She reluctantly agreed to cancel the charge, and suggested that I hire a lawyer.

Larry

QuietStove

Quote from: kleenax on February 04, 2013, 07:52:20 PM

Language barriers can be frustrating.   Try to give another phone call.  The moment you get someone who isn't communicating to your satisfaction immediately hang up, call back, and try again.  Repeat until you  get someone who meets your expectations.   Then they hopefully will be able to write additional detail for the folks who make the decision.   Insist the previous representative is wrong and does not understand.   

If you already tried the above there isn't much else you can do.   Good luck.

Craig

Been there, done that...... 3 times!

:o    Oh my, seems like you've seen this movie a few times already.

QuietStove

Quote from: MagicMo on February 04, 2013, 08:22:39 PM
To tak (więc) trudne współdziałanie z językowymi barierami (przeszkoda). przypuszczam tam nie jest wiele (wielka ilość; dużo) wy możecie robić. To *stinks* na pewno!

Good luck with that.
Mo ;)

Yup, Powodzenia z tym.    :)
Yup, good luck with that.    :)

DavePEI

Quote from: MagicMo on February 04, 2013, 08:22:39 PM

Good luck with that.
Mo ;)
How about:

It's (so) difficult to interact with language barriers (barrier). I suppose there is not much (big number, a lot) you can do it. It * stinks * for sure! [Google Translate z polskiego (from Polish)]

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

poplar1

I'm running  into a problem getting a key made for an old Gray (the one with the plate that goes behind a wall magneto phone.) None of the locksmiths want to do it, even though it takes a key without ridges. (I had one made at Sears years ago.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

kleenax

Quote from: poplar1 on February 06, 2013, 09:52:30 PM
I'm running  into a problem getting a key made for an old Gray (the one with the plate that goes behind a wall magneto phone.) None of the locksmiths want to do it, even though it takes a key without ridges. (I had one made at Sears years ago.)
Did you see if Paul V. could do it?
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

DavePEI

Did you try Jody Haralson - he made me a Gray key...

http://payphonelockrepair.com/

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

baldopeacock

Quote from: MagicMo on February 03, 2013, 02:19:36 PM
Hey Ray,
I cannot comment on the lock that your ex wife is sabotaging, but I can say marriage really is a great thing (but I wouldn't recommend it to single people).
For instance, every time I go and think I found Mr. Right, my husband has to go and scare him away!        Ba Dum Tsh!
Mo

There just aren't enough women out there with stand-up comic routines and unreal stashes of old telephone stuff.    Stick around here, Mo!

poplar1

Quote from: DavePEI on February 06, 2013, 09:57:53 PM
I'm running  into a problem getting a key made for an old Gray (the one with the plate that goes behind a wall magneto phone.) None of the locksmiths want to do it, even though it takes a key without ridges. (I had one made at Sears years ago.)
Did you try Jody Haralson - he made me a Gray key...

http://payphonelockrepair.com/

Dave

I plan to send Jody all my AE 10-L locks that are missing the keys. However, sending the Gray 3,000 miles seems risky. (The first one of these I bought in 1967 from Surplus Center in Lincoln, Nebraska, for $2.99, arrived with the bottom plate broken. This was the model used with candlestick phones.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.