News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The best of both worlds...

Started by Greg G., September 24, 2009, 02:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

It's not only "antique" but it's "art deco" as well!  And not just any ol' art deco, it's "original" art deco! 

http://tinyurl.com/ye7pdoc ( dead link 08-04-21 )
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

Ah, the hay day of art deco; 1973, about the time when art deco went modular...

At least it's not a lamp. ;)  Not to be nit-picky (well maybe I am...) But I think this fit's well into this thread:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=154.0  :)
-Matt

bwanna

so including s/h, somebody paid nearly $30  for a 1973 phone ???  doesn't even include the cord.  why aren't these suckers shopping in my antique store ;)
donna

HobieSport

I have been to the top of the very top of Saint Peters' dome in Rome.

And yet the Pope didn't come out to meet me.

Actually in truth is that the Pope was to make a public appearance the next day and my traveling companion was gay and I wasn't, so we moved on.

-Matt

McHeath

What a great deal!!!  Where was I??

HobieSport

Quote from: Hobie

Bwanna

I have an incredible fear of heights and yet have been to the top of Saint Peters' dome in Rome. It scared the #### out of me! I climbed to the top of Notre Dame.

I'm not bragging but I tried to face my fears.

Finally I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

At that point I lost my fear!

But big spiders still scare me.

-Matt

McHeath

Hobie yer gonna have to revise your e-bay ad and Art Deco that phone out!  Here is my suggested new ad for you, after seeing how this rather homely yellow phone went for decent money:

"LAST OF THE ART DECO PHONES!!!!!!!  This rare Bakerslight PHONE is the LAST KNOWN ART DECO PHONE made by Westerns Electrics, it is very unqie and well worth prizing.  These old Babys were made to LAST!!!!  Imagine the thrill of hearing that old ring from a real bell phone made of Bakeelight and built by ART DECO CRAFTSMEN WITH OLD TIME VALUES!!!!  Act now, Operators standing by!!!"

Dan/Panther

I think everyone missed the point, the phone belonged to Arthur Deco, a big time gambler in the 60's.
This was his last know phone, before they shipped him off to gamblers anonymous. He and "Jimmy the Greek", shared the same phone.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

That's pretty good D/P, yer a clever one. :)