News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy New Year!

Started by Dennis Markham, December 31, 2008, 05:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Wishing all a happy and prosperous new year!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Key2871

KEN

AE_Collector

I hope everyone has a prosperous 2019!

Terry

stub

Happy New Year! Hope everyone has a great year!!!!!!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Happy New Year everyone!

FABphones

Happy 2019 folks.

My thanks to every member who has taken the time to share their make/repair/restore tips and methods.

And my appreciation to the mods that have freely given their time to help keep this a good place to visit.

Long may CRPF continue.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Dan/Panther

Happy New Year everyone.   Boy 2018 was quite the year.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

oldguy

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on the best forum there is, CRPF.
Gary

Dennis Markham

I know it's day #2 of the New Year but I'd like to wish you all a Happy, Healthy, 2019!  When it all boils down the healthy part is the most important.

Happy phone hunting in 2019!

~Dennis

Greg G.

Here's how we celebrate NYE, which has been the format for us for several years.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Instead, we celebrate New Year's DAY with breakfast.  This year it was scrambled eggs with ham and green onions, mimosa, and LOTS of coffee!  I also just realized that my antique 1929 Flapper calendar repeats this year!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

19and41

Our family would always gather at my grandmother's for corned beef and cabbage on new years day.  it was supposed to bring us good luck.  We certainly had it on new years day, anyway.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

andre_janew

I  had black-eyed peas on new years day.  Does anyone else on the forum do that?

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

Quote from: andre_janew on January 08, 2019, 06:12:47 PM
I  had black-eyed peas on new years day.  Does anyone else on the forum do that?

I didn't know that so looked it up and found this as one of the several reasons why New Year's Eve or Day is celebrated eating Black-Eyed Peas.

"People eat black-eyed peas on New Year's to bring luck and prosperity in the new year.

Black-eyed peas started out as a crop raised to feed animals up until the Civil War. It then became a nourishing food for Confederate soldiers when Sherman's troops destroyed other food crops. Now, especially in the south, it is a staple on New Year's eve.

Along with eating black-eyed peas, another tradition is to have cabbage, or greens of some sort (turnip, mustard, collard or cabbage) which also brings good luck and prosperity.

Then there is your cornbread, I love black eyed peas and cornbread!

So here is what each food stands for: black eyed peas are coins, cabbage or greens are paper money and cornbread is gold.

Some people say you have to eat 1 pea for each day of the year, I've always been told as long as you eat 1 pea, it serves it's purpose. So those of you who don't like them at least eat 1 little bitty pea (they're tiny) so you have good luck.

Now I can't say any of this actually works seeing as I eat all three every year and still can't win the lottery; but I won't take any chances. I will be eating some collard greens along with my black eyed peas and cornbread on New Year's eve."