News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My latest flea market acquisitions

Started by carl, October 12, 2009, 07:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

I just couldn't say no to a total four dollar price tag.They work,they ring,they look good.Carl

McHeath

Great finds.  What years are they?  I'm guessing the Trimline is late 70's early 80's.  Like those moss green 554s.

carl

The green says 6-74 on the still pristine bottom surface,and the yellow is blank,but I know it's from1973,since that's when I got
married and we had an exact duplicate...or maybe it's the same one!

Dan

Nice finds . The wall 554 is great, and the trimline can be given to someone who only has landline cordless phones. They will thank you @ the first power outage!

My brother did when I gave him a beige princess and the power went out.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Yeah I agree, that 554 is great, looks hardwired to boot.  I've never seen anything like that for sale here before in the yard sales, antique stores, and junk stores I frequent. 

The thing that makes me think the Trimline is newer is that it does not have the Bell System logo in the middle of the dial, but instead has Western Electric.  But then perhaps it was made for use outside of the system by the independents. 

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

bwanna

good bargains, carl. i'm jealous. had to work all week-end. so no "junqueing" for me. >:(

donna

Dan/Panther

You guys east of the Great Divide are lucky, out west here we don't get many Flea Market deals.
Most end up on ebay.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

so which is cheaper, d/p. a trip east or shipping& handling on all those ebay purchases ??? ;D
donna

John S

Very Cool......I think the wall phones are very cool....That is one of my goals...is to get every color there is, made by Western Electric...

John

Dan/Panther

Quote from: bwanna on October 13, 2009, 06:56:11 PM
so which is cheaper, d/p. a trip east or shipping& handling on all those ebay purchases ??? ;D

Bwanna;
'The scale is dangerously close to tipping in favor of a trip.
I have a 24 foot  former Ryders van we were going to use to move to Colorado 2 years ago, but the deal fell through. I've considered traveling during the summer and collecting items to restore and resll out here on the left coast.
I was thinking of painting the van like a circus wagon, and painting "Dans Traveling Flea market".
D/P

Dennis Markham

Dan, I can't help it but my first thought is that advertising the contents may invite thieves.  When my son traveled to Colorado pulling a covered trailer with his Harley Davidson inside he removed those oval Harley Davidson signs.  He didn't want people to KNOW what may be inside.  You know, at motels, restaurants, etc.  Otherwise it sounds like it would be a great mural on the side.  Make sure there's a telephone in the picture too.

Dan/Panther

I have relatives and friends in quite a few states, I wouldn't have a problem maybe stopping in some places for a day or two, and checking out the local thrift shops etc. I defineately would hit the Detroit area and clean you guys out.
D/P

Dennis Markham

Good luck with that one.  I drove 900 miles this past weekend up into the upper peninsula of Michigan.  I stopped at 10-12 antique stores.  Nada.  It was too cold for outdoor flea markets.  Garage sales are just about done due to the on-set of fall/winter too.  But if you come at the right time you may fill up that truck.  If you do decide to come in the winter, we'll let you fill that truck with snow and take it with you.

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
I regret that I can't accept your very generous snow offer, the truck is not refrigerated.
D/P
Very kind,  thoughtful, and generous of you however.....