News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 308/616 source

Started by cloyd, February 14, 2016, 02:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloyd

I just purchased new/old Panasonic 308 v3 and 616 v3 PBX systems (to replace the one that is faulty that so many people here helped me problem-solve) for a "Buy it now" price of $20/$34 plus $24 shipping from ebay.  He said he would be selling several other 308's and 616's soon.  He also shipped them out TODAY (Sunday) just moments after I bought them.  They are "tested/working."  They take returns too.

Seller
Peter Dashiell
ebay: thetelephonewarehouse
telephonewarehouse@comcast.net

I thought some others could benefit.

Tina Loyd
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

Fabius

Quote from: cloyd on February 14, 2016, 02:00:53 PM
I just purchased new/old Panasonic 308 v3 and 616 v3 PBX systems (to replace the one that is faulty that so many people here helped me problem-solve) for a "Buy it now" price of $20/$34 plus $24 shipping from ebay.
telephonewarehouse@comcast.net

Not a bad price for working units and returns okay.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

HarrySmith

I could not find the seller. Got a link or an item number?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

cloyd

I am sorry that you are having so much trouble finding this.
Maybe this will help.  I got it straight off of ebay.
Items for sale from thetelephonewarehouse thetelephonewarehouse  (1363Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)

Let me know if that doesn't work.  He has other items for sale but, perhaps, no PBX systems just yet.

Tina
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

cloyd

That is probably what you wanted me to give you two days ago!  Sorry so slow.

Tina

HarrySmith

I tried searching for the name and the email on eBay but go no results. I went back and did a search for Panasonic Switching System and found his, along with some others, starting at $9.99!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

cloyd

Thank you Brinybay for giving the poor man what he wanted.  Apparently, I was not up to the task.  :-\

Tina

cloyd

Wow,
Equipment is great when it works.  I plugged the "dead" proprietary phone into each of my new PBX's and it lit right up, in every outlet.  Anyone need a 308 for parts?

The 616 didn't have the little battery that both of the 308's have.  Is that the way 616's are supposed to be?

I want to thank everyone who gave me suggestions to trouble-shoot my old system!

Tina

twocvbloke

Quote from: cloyd on February 18, 2016, 05:33:02 PMIs that the way 616's are supposed to be?

Some are, after some investigation on this forum a little while back, the ones that lack a battery & connector seem to use what's called a "super cap", which acts like a small battery and holds enough power to maintain the settings for a while, so if you set the time & date on your 616, power it off for 5 minutes, then back on and the settings have held, then it has a super cap backup... :)

TelePlay

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 18, 2016, 05:44:56 PM
Quote from: cloyd on February 18, 2016, 05:33:02 PMIs that the way 616's are supposed to be?

Some are, after some investigation on this forum a little while back, the ones that lack a battery & connector seem to use what's called a "super cap", which acts like a small battery and holds enough power to maintain the settings for a while, so if you set the time & date on your 616, power it off for 5 minutes, then back on and the settings have held, then it has a super cap backup... :)

Here's the link to that discussion.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14945.msg155702#msg155702

It was actually a combination of a large or high capacity permanently installed battery along with a super cap. That topic is an interesting discussion of the 616 with both a replaceable battery and the newer redesigned PC board for the battery and super cap.