News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Painted metal 302 Question

Started by Grumpy99705, January 24, 2012, 12:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy99705

I picked up an "Ivory" metal 302 on eBay recently.
parts are dated IV / 40 and it has a black dial blank. But since it wasn't wired I'm assuming the seller swapped the dial for the blank before selling it.
Did WE distribute an Ivory metal 302?

If they did I would really like to find a reasonable match paint and repaint it.

It did come with an ivory mounting cord that is original WE, but is worn & wires are a bit brittle.

And suprise of suprises, the seller now has an ivory F1 for sale. (dates on components are 8/40)

What dial would I have found in this phone? Would a 5H be right for a late 1940 phone?
I would imagine a chrome finger wheel would be appropriate.

I really want to do this one up right, if I am going to restore it to ivory.
otherwise it's going to get stripped, buffed and left bear metal
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading - Thomas Jefferson

Doug Rose

Quote from: Grumpy99705 on January 24, 2012, 12:09:53 AM
I picked up an "Ivory" metal 302 on eBay recently.
parts are dated IV / 40 and it has a black dial blank. But since it wasn't wired I'm assuming the seller swapped the dial for the blank before selling it.
Did WE distribute an Ivory metal 302?

If they did I would really like to find a reasonable match paint and repaint it.

It did come with an ivory mounting cord that is original WE, but is worn & wires are a bit brittle.

And suprise of suprises, the seller now has an ivory F1 for sale. (dates on components are 8/40)

What dial would I have found in this phone? Would a 5H be right for a late 1940 phone?
I would imagine a chrome finger wheel would be appropriate.

I really want to do this one up right, if I am going to restore it to ivory.
otherwise it's going to get stripped, buffed and left bear metal
A 5H dated 8/40 would be prefect....Doug
Kidphone