"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE G6 handset wiring question

Started by RotoTech99, August 20, 2019, 02:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I have a modular G6 WE vol. control handset I want to connect a non modular handset cord to, and I need some help, please.

The original modular handset jack had 3 wires, the red and black connected to the transmitter cup, and a, white lead going to the amplifier board connected to the receiver.

My handset cord has 4 conductors; do I need to connect both white leads to where the white lead went on the amplifier board, or just one of them?

If any forum member is experienced with this, please, can you tell me whether or not to use both white leads, or just one? I'd express my "thanks" for the help as this is my first time with something like this.

The red and black handset wires are connected with the red and black amplifier leads on the transmitter cup.

RotoTech99

Key2871

I would do both, to keep it simple. That should work fine.
KEN

RotoTech99

Dear Key2871:

Hello, I tried your suggestion regarding my inquiry about my G6 handset wiring... it's doing fine and checking out good.

I did notice when you put the vol. control on "0", the sound is a bit lower than expected; I think with me it's due to my hearing being a bit off.

When set to "1", or higher it sounds good to me.

I've got it installed on a Moss Green WE500 with the original leather footpads held by a rivet. The feet look nice; usually when I get leather covered footpads, especially on 302's, they are worn or have holes.

I suppose I better not knock it, it might come back to bite me later.

RotoTech99

Key2871

Yes your own hearing has some to do with what loudness your hearing. But even though Western used top quality components, things get old, (as we all do) and values tend to change some.
But over all if your happy with how it works, good deal.
KEN